The FXCM group of companies (collectively, the “FXCM Group”) is a leading provider of online foreign exchange (forex) trading, CFD trading, spread betting and related services. Our mission is to inspire global traders with access to the world’s largest and most liquid market. By offering the most innovative trading tools, hiring the best trading educators, and meeting strict financial standards to protect trader funds, we strive for the best online trading experience in the market.
Purpose of Role
- Based in the UK, the Compliance Officer will report directly to the Managing Director of Compliance and will assist in developing a robust Compliance function within a dynamic and ever-expanding online broking business.
- The role will require the individual to be responsive to the needs of the business and reactive to regulatory issues, which emerge as a result of a worldwide client base. The individual will be responsible for ensuring that projects are initiated and implemented in accordance with applicable rules.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the UK and EU Board of Directors;
- Independently initiate, drive and implement project solutions;
- Create and maintain project plans and regularly follow up on open items;
- Produce high level summaries and updates for senior management;
- Keep abreast of regulatory rule changes and developments, assess their impact and as appropriate, circulate to management to consider next steps;
- Keeping up to date with EMIR and MIFID regulatory developments, technical standards and industry solutions;
- Assess current practices and develop enhancements where needed;
- Manage the flow of communication between Compliance units in various jurisdictions where FXCM has offices;
- Provide advice to the Business on regulations that impact a firm dealing in OTC products.
- Sound proven compliance experience or relevant department experience at an FCA regulated firm;
- Sound knowledge of European regulations;
- Ability to work with the business and build smooth working relationships;
- Team player and able to prioritise in a fast moving, constantly changing environment;
- Analytical and problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Strong leadership and development skills;
- An ability to establish credibility at the most senior levels within the firm;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines; and
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A degree in Business, Finance, Economics or other related field;
- Fundamental understanding of regulatory issues that could affect an online brokerage;
- Experience of communicating directly with European regulators;
- Knowledge and experience of OTC products and in particular CFD’s and Forex; and
- Ability to speak French, German and/or Italian.
- Company Directors and Senior Management;
- Compliance Management;
- Project Management;
- Internal/External Audit;
- Regulatory Bodies; and
- Affiliate offices.