There is a requirement for a Compliance Officer, who will work under the direction of the Section Head, Regulatory Oversight to provide support to the Historic Waste Program (HWP) Management Office, including PHAI projects, in ensuring regulatory and quality compliance through document evaluation and oversight of project activities, as well as interaction with regulatory bodies. The activities requiring oversight include the construction and commissioning activities of the PHAI projects and the operations of facilities that fall under the HWP Management Office. The Compliance Officer will also coordinate and interact with the CNL corporate compliance programs (HSSE&Q) on behalf of the HWP Management Office.
- Provide support and guidance to HWP staff on interpretation of regulatory requirements, compliance program requirements and company-wide requirements as needed.
- Provide oversight on Project and operational compliance with regulatory requirements by performing inspections of PHAI sites and contractors and by evaluating implementation of compliance programs.
- Perform trending analysis on non-conformances, corrective actions, and other elements as needed.
- Assist and/or lead in the preparation of regulatory correspondence, reports, actions, inspections and meetings.
- Interface with CNSC or other regulatory staff as required.
- Identifies non-conforming conditions and ensures that responsible party takes corrective action, particularly if the non-conformances relate to recurring issues.
- Interfacing with CNL corporate HSSE&Q program staff, as needed.
Education and Experience:
- College diploma or university graduation in a field of specialization such as quality assurance and or/inspections, environment, safety or other CNL compliance programs.
- 4 – 7 years of experience with demonstrated increase in responsibility.
- Experience in inspecting and / or auditing licensed facilities or activities.
- Knowledge of the Nuclear Safety and Control Act and its Regulations.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System requirements.
- Good knowledge of continuous improvement and quality service principles and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and independently without direct guidance or supervision.
- Good project management skills (planning, organizing, leading, and directing).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work based on changing demands of the project.
- Computer operating skills and familiarity with MS Office software and other applicable software utilized at CNL.
- Excellent customer service, organization and time management skills.
- Effective team leadership and membership skills and a proven self-starter