As VEON’s Compliance Manager – Training you will be responsible for creating and delivering engaging and effective training content and materials related to VEON compliance policies, procedures and guidance across its global operating companies. You will develop sophisticated tracking methods to measure the effectiveness of delivered training and additionally will develop and manage the annual training calendar and compliance learning management system. Additionally, you will coordinate with both external and internal support as required including Human Resources, IT, Communications and other departments for the ongoing development and delivery of training. Your work will drive the adoption of VEON’s compliance practices across our HQ and Operating Companies and is key in ensuring the delivery and effectiveness of our global compliance programme.
Within 30 – 60 days you will
- Begin tracking the work plan to ensure the completion of tasks aimed at implementing the hallmarks of an effective compliance program and provide updates on this program to people within the global compliance function.
- Meet with the Headquarters Compliance Team; develop an understanding of the key stakeholders of the wider International Compliance Team; the structure of the Amsterdam, London and operating company teams and commence building relationships with colleagues across them.
- Develop your acumen related to VEON; have directed one-on-ones with members of key teams and develop an understanding of how each contributes to the overall success of the VEON Group.
- Develop an understanding of the compliance hallmarks that the Training, Policies and Communications team is tasked with addressing and assist in the development of a related work plan for the training component.
- Review existing training material and modules, including material on VEON’s group intranet and compliance application and begin revising this content to clearly address the compliance obligations of VEON and its employees, into risk-based, easily understandable language and training materials for adoption across all operating companies.
- Identify innovative methods by which to delivery key training to employees and constituents across VEON and manage the compliance learning management system.
- Develop and implement a tool to begin tracking and measuring training content and delivery effectiveness to ensure adoption of compliance policies, procedures, guidance and guidelines across VEON and its operating companies.
- Provide updates on the training program to constituents as required.
- Drive meeting the Company’s obligations under its Deferred Prosecution Agreement with the US government by leading responses to recommendations from the Monitor.
Within 90 days you will
- Manage the content, launch and delivery of new training modules both for classroom and digital delivery in collaboration with team mates and external providers.
- Work with the business operations and operating companies to ensure employees receive appropriate training needed to implement the Group Compliance program, policies, procedures and guidelines throughout the Company’s business operations and operating companies.
- Begin training trainers across the VEON group, imparting your knowledge of compliance and beyond this, your techniques on how to engage an audience in order to drive adoption of compliance policies and our key value of truthfulness.
- Contribute to all aspects of the development, execution and testing of a “best in class” Group compliance program with focus on periodic risk based reviews and monitoring & testing.
- Anticipate initiatives and activities of the Monitor and assists with a corporate response to the Monitor’s activities that affect the compliance organization, in particular those that touch on the Company’s business operations and operating companies.
- Assists with other responsibilities of Compliance as needed.
The structure of the team you will join is flat, and you will report directly to a Group Compliance Officer. Your colleagues in HQ Compliance group are intelligent, friendly, supportive and experts in their field, some qualified in Law others qualified in Finance. Whilst you will not have direct reports, you will collaborate with internal functions and possibly supervise work performed by external providers.
What have you done previously that will make you a success at VEON?
- You have worked successfully for several years in an in-house compliance, corporate or Human Resources training function developing and delivering training content and modules to employees and constituents
- Prior to working in house in a compliance, corporate or HR training role, you had a career in either compliance, law, ethics or adult education and have subject matter expertise in one of these fields.
- You have worked in international environments, delivering work across borders and cultures in a matrix style organisation and are comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity, showing flexibility and adaptability to varying circumstances.
- You have had to deliver difficult content to executive audiences, and have been able to influence, persuade and convince with ease.
- Your written and spoken English and Russian skills are impeccable. You are able to extract meaning from complicated legal documentation and can deliver this to audiences in a way that they will clearly understand and be compelled to remember and apply in practice.
- You are innovative and stay abreast of advances in communication technology and methods to convey important information to employees and constituents
- You are an open, clear communicator and relationship builder and use feedback to improve your craft and business contribution
- You have an unquestionable character and demonstrated commitment to truthfulness — acting ethically and with integrity. Beyond this you are a creative problem solver, inquisitive and detailed oriented and you act with the customer in mind.