The Compliance Manager for The Netherlands is a leader in the local Affiliate and reports through the AbbVie Office of Ethics & Compliance Organization. He/she is responsible for providing leadership and direct oversight for AbbVie’s compliance program.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Performs the following responsibilities with moderate supervision from the Regional OEC Director:
- Create a best-in-class compliance program in partnership with the Compliance Steering Committee (CSC) to support AbbVie’s business in The Netherlands. Lead Affiliate CSC Meetings.
- Provides guidance and support in The Netherlands on national industry codes and regional/international industry codes (e.g., IFPMA), government regulations including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and other initiatives sponsored by the Office of Ethics & Compliance.
- Provides guidance on proposed Affiliate programs, tactics and strategies, identifies basic legal, regulatory or other relevant issues and refers matters to respective departments, analyzes alternatives and proposes solutions to the business.
- Performs compliance risk assessments, trend analyses and provides and implements best practices recommendations.
- Implements, manages and interprets compliance policies, procedures and practices.
Contributes to the Global compliance program by developing, implementing and managing initiatives across multiple geographies.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates awareness, education and training programs that focus on the elements of the Code of Business Conduct, policies and procedures and applicable industry codes and regulations.
- Organizes and maintains ethics and compliance records, documents and files and document databases.
- Participates in local Industry group meetings, when applicable, identifying changes and trends in the external environment, communicating them to the CSC and the OEC Area Director, and implementing necessary changes.
- Develops, implements, modifies and oversees the execution of the Affiliate monitoring plan to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Develops, implements, modifies and executes Affiliate non-RCI (reportable compliance incident) Internal Investigations’ Procedures and leads internal investigations, communicating with AbbVie Internal Investigations as necessary.
- Assists Affiliate with compliance audits, oversees the fulfillment of auditors’ requests, acts as liaison between business and auditors during on-site activities, evaluates and responds to all basic and routine preliminary findings and recommendations, guides the business in preparing corrective action to address basic and routine findings and recommendations, and ensures timely completion.
- Possesses working knowledge of AbbVie’s business and functional areas.
- Travels to Affiliates to further establish and maintain a close partnership with business partners.
- Partners with peers in other geographies to advance the Global compliance program.
- Assists in selecting and recruiting direct reports, as applicable
- Provides guidance and direction to direct reports, as applicable
- Operates within well-defined expectations with supervision and guidance from Manager
- Bachelor degree required. Finance, Audit, Business, Legal or equivalent work experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work in multicultural cross-functional teams
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication, including fluent command of English
- Strong negotiation/influencing skills
- Strong counseling abilities
- Customer Orientation
- Ability to meet tight timelines
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships in matrixed work environment
- Minimum Experience/Training Required
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience with, or exposure to, business functions such as compliance, finance, legal, regulatory affairs, government affairs
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred