As VEON’s Compliance Manager – Communications you will be responsible for creating and delivering communications related to compliance policies, procedures and guidance across VEON and its global operating companies. You will develop unique, creative and engaging communications as well as identify and use engaging methods by which to communicate key messages to employees and constituents. You will develop sophisticated tracking methods to measure the effectiveness of delivered communications. Coordinating with both external and internal support as required including Human Resources, IT, Communications and other departments for the ongoing development and delivery of communications will form part of your remit. Additionally, you will manage VEON’s Group Intranet and Compliance application content and reporting.
Within 30 – 60 days you will
- Meet with the Headquarters Compliance Team; develop an understanding of the key stakeholders of the wider International Compliance Team; the structure of the Amsterdam, London and operating company teams and commence building relationships with colleagues across them.
- Develop your acumen related to VEON; have directed one-on-ones with members of key teams and develop an understanding of how each contributes to the overall success of the VEON Group.
- Develop an understanding of the compliance hallmarks that the Training, Policies and Communications team is tasked with addressing and assist in the development of a related work plan for the communications component.
- Review existing communications, including material on VEON’s group intranet and compliance application begin revising this content to clearly address the compliance obligations of VEON and its employees, into easily understandable language for adoption across all operating companies.
- Identify innovative methods by which to communicate key messages to employees and constituents across VEON.
- Develop and implement a tool to begin tracking and measuring communication and messaging effectiveness to ensure adoption of compliance policies, procedures, guidance and guidelines across VEON and its operating companies.
- Provide updates on the communications program to constituents as required.
- Drive meeting the Company’s obligations under its Deferred Prosecution Agreement with the US government by leading responses to recommendations from the Monitor.
Within 90 days you will
- Contribute to all aspects of the development, execution and testing of a “best in class” Group compliance program with focus on periodic risk based reviews and monitoring & testing.
- Anticipate initiatives and activities of the Monitor and assists with a corporate response to the Monitor’s activities that affect the compliance organization, in particular those that touch on the Company’s business operations and operating companies.
- Assist with other responsibilities of Compliance as needed.
The structure of the team you will join is flat, and you will report directly to a Group Compliance Officer. Your colleagues in HQ Compliance group are intelligent, friendly, supportive and experts in their field, some qualified in Law others qualified in Finance. Whilst you will not have direct reports, you will collaborate with internal functions and possibly supervise work performed by external providers.
What have you done previously that will make you a success at VEON?
- You have worked successfully for several years in an in-house compliance communications function developing content for delivery to employees and constituents.
- Prior to working in house in a compliance communications role, you had a career in either compliance, law, ethics or communications and have subject matter expertise in one of these fields.
- You have worked in international environments, delivering work across borders and cultures in a matrix style organisation and are comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity, showing flexibility and adaptability to varying circumstances.
- You have had to deliver difficult content to executive audiences, and have been able to influence, persuade and convince with ease.
- It goes without saying that your written and spoken English and Russian skills are impeccable. You are able to extract meaning from complicated legal documentation and can deliver this to audiences in a way that they will clearly understand and be compelled to remember and apply in practice.
- You are innovative and stay abreast of advances in communication technology and methods to convey important information to employees and constituents.
- You are an open, clear communicator and relationship builder and use feedback to improve your craft and business contribution.
- You have an unquestionable character and demonstrated commitment to truthfulness — acting ethically and with integrity. Beyond this you are a creative problem solver, inquisitive and detailed oriented and you act with the customer in mind.