UK Financial Crime Compliance supports RBC Capital Markets, Investor & Treasury Services and International Wealth Management business to manage financial crime risk including money laundering, terrorist financing, economic sanctions and bribery and corruption through advising, monitoring, testing and investigating adherence to relevant regulatory rules and industry standards. The incumbant is responsible for supporting the Head of AML, Europe and Regional AML Compliance team, and coordinating and maintaining efficient and effective processes relating to the governance of the AML programme across in-scope business units.
- Legislative Compliance Management (LCM) – Liaison with Group AML Governance to enable maintenance of central registry of AML legislation and regulation applicable to in-scope business units.
- Annual Business Risk Assessment – Responsibility for coordination of AML Europe responses for all in-scope business units in support of the annual risk assessment process administered by Group AML Governance.
- Quality Assurance, Monitoring and Compliance Oversight Testing – Responsibility for conducting quality assurance, monitoring and testing program in line with the AML Europe monitoring and testing programme across in-scope business units and liaison with Group Compliance Oversight Testing Team
- Management Information and Reporting – Responsibility for MI and reporting process(es) to ensure timely and meaningful MI is provided to Head of Europe AML and other key senior management stakeholders in regards to the AML Europe AML programme.
- Regulatory Developments – Responsibility to monitor regulatory and legislative development in relation to Financial Crime and to keep the wider Financial Crime team abreast of key developments that may impact internal policies & procedures and where necessary oversee changes to such policies and procedures.
- Issue Management – Responsibility for the co-ordination of the outcomes of internal and external audits and testing.
- Co-ordination and management of the Europe AML Targeted Training Programme, including content management and record keeping.
- Management of the UK Financial Crime Intranet sites and policy inventories
- Providing assistance to the Financial Investigation Unit (FIU) and AML Advisory Teams as and when required
- Good understanding of the AML/CTF and ABAC laws, particularly across Europe
- Experience in providing MI and drafting reports, particularly in relation to AML/regulatory risk
- Experience working within an AML Compliance department
- Strong knowledge of the AML/CTF and ABAC legal and regulatory environment in relation to Investment Banking and/or wealth management businesses (preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Degree level education