Directs the development, implementation, management and maintenance of company-wide environmental health and safety programs and standards; implements, directs and coordinates approved programs; assures compliance with local, Provincial/State and Federal agencies and reporting. Communicates and meets with branches to focus, train and constructively influence the attainment of longer term Health & Safety objectives. Represents the interests of the company and reinforces the Stericycle culture at all times, both internally and externally.
- Develops, monitors and evaluates compliance programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulations; evaluate, modify and implement alternative methods for achieving desired goals.
- Develops and maintains appropriate measurement and reporting metrics.
- Reviews corporate branch/franchise performance with general managers and other members of management
- Monitors and interprets compliance reports to develop or revise programs and systems for areas requiring improvement.
- Audits the effectiveness of corporate branch/franchise compliance practices and coordinates re-focusing as warranted.
- Performs investigations into major compliance accidents. Liaises with authorities and insurance representatives as appropriate for effective claims management.
- Researches and keeps current with environmental legislative requirements for Canada.
- Researches, develops and implements “Best Practice” models and systems; reviews internal metrics and ensures consistency with industry examples/standards.
- Develops and communicates revisions or improvements to company policy, procedures and standards with corporate/franchise branches.
- Arranges annual corporate branch audits, Follows-up and monitors corporate branch audit action plan status.
- Develops and implements training and educational programs in environmental compliance for Stericycle Staff.
- Run the Transport of Dangerous Goods Program
- Run, with the Compliance Manager, the Company Emergency Response Plans
- Manage the FDS Audit Program
- Directs the efforts of the Compliance Team with various members of the organization to re-enforce training and educational programs created.
- Support the Characterization Team as required
- Bilingual in French preferred.
- Education equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Healthcare, or Environmental Discipline, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating knowledge of environmental regulations and compliance with experience managing customer compliance programs.
- Five or more years of experience, demonstrating the ability to manage internal and external customer relationships.