Our Client, a highly regarded Investment Management firm headquartered in Chicago is seeking a VP, Compliance Director to join their Legal and Compliance Team.
The Legal and Compliance Team is responsible for developing and maintaining the compliance programs of the firm and it’s subsidiaries. The Compliance Director position is primarily responsible for mutual fund and investment adviser SEC regulatory filings; code of ethics administration; subadviser oversight; and various other compliance matters. It is expected that the Compliance Director may have one or more direct reports, and as a senior member of the Legal and Compliance Team, will share in the responsibility generally for mentoring all more junior members of the Legal and Compliance Team. In addition, the Compliance Director will work on special projects as assigned and assist on other matters relating to the firm’s businesses as requested.
Mutual Fund Administration
Participate in the preparation and production of the materials for the firm’s shareholder reports and other periodic regulatory filings (Annual, Semi-Annual, N-Q, N-SAR, N-CSR, N-MFP, N-PORT, N-CEN), including any future filing requirements. This will involve hands-on work in preparing and updating drafts of the filings, including evaluating, responding to and incorporating, as appropriate, comments from internal and external parties (i.e., auditors, outside counsel, etc.) and preparing the filings for submission.
Advertising and Forms Review
- Review, monitoring and auditing of content posted to website, including advertising, tax and retirement materials
- Review of templated shareholder correspondence and forms
- Review of retail materials to ensure compliance with FINRA requirements and filing of materials with FINRA via the CRD system
Code of Ethics Administration
- Oversee the maintenance/operation of the Protegent PTA system and any system upgrades
- Oversee the quarterly audit process
- Serve as a review officer
Subadviser Monitoring, Review and Oversight
- Substantively review the subadvisers’ policy/procedure submissions, Form ADV updates and third party internal control reports. Follow-through with tracking log updating and flagging issues for broader group attention when appropriate.
- Perform cross monitoring and review of monthly, quarterly and annual subadviser materials
- Participate in subadviser due diligence visits as requested and prepare compliance reports of those visits
Policies and Procedures
- Assist in annual review and updating of policies and procedures
- Draft new policies and procedures as requested
- Strong academic credentials. Bachelor’s Degree or higher required
- Must have Eight or more years of experience as a compliance professional or 1940 Act mutual fund paralegal (or similar position) in a financial services firm or law firm. Experience in a manager-of-managers structure is a plus.
- Committed to maintaining the highest ethical standards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
The ideal candidate will be an intelligent, energetic and goal-oriented, conceptual thinker with the ability to quickly assess a situation and exercise sound business judgment and will possess the following attributes:
- Prior experience in the mutual fund industry and strong knowledge of the regulations that govern its activities, including the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal; must be able to interact with senior business professionals and address issues in a thoughtful and timely manner
- Independent, self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude and the ability to follow through and complete tasks in a team environment
- Ability to work individually and with other team members under pressure and prioritize competing tasks that require the highest level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Responsible for coordinating, and in certain cases managing, complex projects with multiple internal and external parties; therefore, candidate must demonstrate a cooperative attitude and exceptional interpersonal and consensus building skills
- Responsible for managing diverse and complex projects according to timelines that the candidate will create and monitor; therefore, strong project and time management skills are a must
- Demonstrates drive for continuous improvement and pursuit of challenging goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and skilled generally with learning and administering technological applications
- Ability to shift focus dependent upon the need of the department to support teamwork
- Experience with SEC regulatory filings
To Apply, Please send resumes to Heather@ComplianceSearch.com