Data Management Operations (DMO) team is responsible for ensuring the highest quality of data for Corporate Compliance Reporting, Surveillance and Monitoring.
The DMO team partner globally with the following groups in support of this function:
- Back Office & Middle Office Operations teams across the Corporate Investment Bank and Asset Management.
- LOB & Compliance Technology groups (Operate and AD).
- Global CAO Operations
- Compliance & Project Management Office.
- Reference Data Domains (Security, Client and Pricing data etc.)
The team is responsible for data validations & reconciliation across inbound data feeds to identify data quality issues, complete impact assessment and remediate through the Defect Governance framework.
- Partner with various functions (Tech, Ops & Compliance) to document data issues, perform analysis and determine remediation plans.
- Project Management of various DQ Issues across various Lines of Business
- Monitor the data quality and completeness of feed/files into and throughout the Compliance environment.
- Understand how the data is utilized in Trade Surveillance &/or Transaction Monitoring and the impact to the downstream Compliance monitoring.
- Work with DQ Issues and triage for Reference data domain root cause analysis
- Oversight of the Defect Management process ensuring adherence to the Defect Governance Model.
- Build out processes and adequate controls ensuring consistency across regions and other Data Pillars within the Compliance Operations group.
- Track all data quality issues and provide metrics reporting on progress to both regional and global stakeholders.
- Engage Data Management projects team to support the monthly testing cycle.
- Experience in an Operations environment (preferably with a focus on ensuring data quality).
- Trade Product knowledge (Credit, Rates, Equities, Fixed Income etc)
- Knowledge of File handling , DQ Operations
- Issue Management. Root Cause analysis
- Data Governance principles
- Experience leading and/or managing a team.
- Experience in Reference Data Operations
- Experience in defining/documenting new processes ensuring appropriate Controls framework.
- Experience in an end to end exception management process; preferably in resolving data quality issues.
- Effective analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication, influencing and relationship building skills up to Senior Management levels.
- Highly disciplined individual, self-motivated, and delivery focused
- Intermediate Excel skills required for data analysis (e.g. use of pivot tables and v-lookups)
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Visio
- Business Objects / SQL experience. Qlikview reporting
- Knowledge of ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) and JIRA tools an advantage.