Our client, a Management Consulting firm, Compliance and Regulatory and Business Development has been providing high quality compliance services to the asset management industry since 2008. Their clients are small to mid-size investment advisors to private equity funds, hedge funds, fund of funds, and public pension plans. The firms clients represent one of the fastest growing segments of the financial services industry and are also among the most highly regulated. Their mission is to leverage industry knowledge and expertise to help their clients navigate the regulatory waters successfully.
The ideal candidate will perform complex compliance monitoring, analysis and reporting including, but not limited to: New Broker-Dealer Registration; Business Expansion/Changes; Written Supervisory Procedures Development and Management; Gap Analysis and Risk Assessment; Examination Support; Program Development/Review; Business Continuity Plan; Cybersecurity; Anti-Money Laundering; Registered Representative Services; Registration; Annual Compliance Meetings; Office Inspections; Continuing Education; and Marketing Material Review.
What the Job Entails
The ideal candidate will support the companies clients by performing the following representative functions:
• Proactively provide compliance support to client and management including advice on programs and policies and procedures and interpretation of regulations and company policy.
• Assist with all aspects of the client’s compliance program as needed, including Fixed Income Compliance, AML, Equity Derivatives Compliance, Sales and Distribution, Testing and Monitoring, Registration and Employee Trading. Structure and re-organize the Department as business needs and regulations change.
• Oversee all trade surveillance, creating and maintaining watch and restricted lists, overseeing all regulatory examinations, serving as regulatory contact for FINRA and other regulators as needed to effectively manage relationships with regulators and auditors.
• Work with client to organize FINRA and Federal Reserve Examinations, as well as conduct and coordinate internal investigations of registered representatives
• FX, interest rate derivatives, commodities, U.S. equities sales and trading, fixed income sales and trading, DMA, corporate equity derivatives sales, origination and syndication, equity research, repos, 15a-6 execution, stock loan and equity finance, proprietary trading, corporate finance and advisory, and correspondent clearing.
• Leverage industry best practices to create efficiencies in process including sales practices, marketing review, surveillance, branch testing and trading and employee compliance.
• Serve as firm-wide compliance liaison and resource to aid in the development and implementation of a comprehensive and scalable compliance program that integrates with new and existing systems and policies and procedures throughout the organization.
• Conduct ongoing review and assessment of client’s operational and supervisory policies and procedures to ensure that written operating procedures are updated and followed, including determining policies and procedures, supervising registration of employees, resolving trading disputes, running the firm’s brokerage testing program dual employment issues.
• Perform ongoing risk assessment, evaluate and report weaknesses, trends and activities, and make recommendations for corrective action.
• Educate executive and senior management of issues to avoid regulatory, financial and reputational exposure.
• Partner with business constituencies such as corporate counsel to address regulatory issues.
• Handle other ad-hoc matters and special projects/assignments as required.
Desired Qualifications and Essential Skills
The ideal candidate will possess most, if not all, of the following qualifications:
• Bachelors degree required; advanced degree (either MBA or JD) is preferred
• Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in securities compliance and/or legal experience in securities compliance, emphasis on sales and sales trading, institutional, retail, fixed-income, options and hedge fund activities.
• Fluent with all current FINRA issues and concerns.
• Extensive knowledge of securities rules and regulations covering operating procedures and customer protection.
• Working knowledge of FINRA, SEC, MSRB and State Securities rules and regulations.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to think analytically and strategically to solve problems and implement solutions.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively on complex long-term projects across multiple business units.
• Capable of driving continuous improvement and developing efficiencies beyond scope of responsibilities.
Applicants should have a writing sample and references available upon request.
Please send resumes to Jack Kelly – JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com