Legal, Compliance and Government & Regulatory Affairs
Our Legal, Compliance and Government & Regulatory Affairs department manages the legal services, reviews trade reports, and educates to avoid unintentional rule breaches or conflicts of interest, and advices on regulatory and political challenges.
We protect the integrity and reputation of the bank by managing legal risk to make transactions viable and safe. We advise on ethical conduct and identify regulatory solutions. We promote and foster lawful and ethical business through a true partnership with the business.
Deutsche Bank is a multi service universal bank. It supplies many different products and services to a large variety of customers and counterparties around the world. In such a complex business, you’ll join a team that works with management on coordination between business lines to avoid unintentional rule breaches or conflicts of interest. It’s our job to make sure the Bank has the most up to date information on regulatory and political challenges and continues to be viewed as a trusted voice and respected leader. It’s an exciting time to work at a Bank and a career with this division would put you at the forefront of cultural change in the financial industry.
Position Overview Quality Assurance Review: Overview
Quality Assurance Review (QAR) is a new team within the Compliance Department. QAR has been formed to enhance the effectiveness of the bank’s 2LoD Compliance systems and controls. The QAR function will play a crucial role in checking that high standards are maintained in accordance with Compliance’s internal procedures. The QAR programme will also assist senior compliance management with the timely review of specific processes that are under QAR review.
The role was created to assist with the co-ordination and delivery of the regional Quality Assurance Review programme and it reports to the Regional Quality Assurance Review Officer. The jobholder will need to have experience of: controls assessment and the compliance risk environment.
Key responsibilities :
Specifically, QAR AVP’s will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Assist the Regional Quality Assurance Review Officer with the co-ordination of the QAR programme
- Work with the Regional QAR Officer to understand to the prioritization of the programme globally
- Perform thematic QAR reviews, which will follow 2 distinct methodologies. The first will take the form of a comparative analysis in order to understand the implementation and application of global standards and policies. The second will be an in depth analysis review to detect issues about the application and execution of specific compliance systems and controls
- Help the Regional QAR Officer to track regional remedial actions that result from the performed reviews
- Escalate and report material gaps to the Regional QAR Officer
- Work with the QAR Operations Manager to produce timely and accurate MI for senior management
Skill set required :
- An in depth understanding of the regulatory landscape within the global financial services industry and practical experience of working in a regulatory environment (Compliance, Risk, Audit etc.)
- Proven experience in problem solving, data analysis and working to tight deadlines whilst achieving good quality outputs
- Structured and organised approach, demonstrating a high level of diligence and attention to detail – ability to ensure high quality and consistency in the deliverables produced
- A positive and flexible approach required to operate in a constantly changing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills proven through report writing experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel; Word, Visio, PowerPoint
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
About Deutsche Bank
A Passion to Perform. It’s what drives us. More than a claim, this describes the way we do business. We’re committed to being the best financial services provider in the world, balancing passion with precision to deliver superior solutions for our clients. This is made possible by our people: agile minds, able to see beyond the obvious and act effectively in an ever-changing global business landscape. As you’ll discover, our culture supports this. Diverse, international and shaped by a variety of different perspectives, we’re driven by a shared sense of purpose. At every level agile thinking is nurtured. And at every level agile minds are rewarded with competitive pay, support and opportunities to excel.