The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
The Anti-Bribery Group seeks an analyst with prior banking, regulatory, investigatory, accountancy firm or law firm experience. The analyst will be primarily responsible for review and analysis of gifts and entertainment requests, travel and entertainment alerts, vendor engagements and requests to provide training to client employees. Longer term, the analyst will be given opportunity to gain broader experience within the Anti-Bribery Group and Financial Crime Compliance.
The Anti-Bribery Group sits within the Global Compliance Division and is responsible for designing and implementing policies, procedures and internal controls to prevent and detect violations of applicable laws regarding bribery and corruption.
The ideal candidate is detail oriented and has strong research, investigative and writing skills, a background and understanding of the securities and/or banking industry, the ability to collaborate with others, and prior compliance experience. The analyst will work closely with compliance, operations, technology, and business personnel, and gain an understanding of both the firm’s businesses and the rules and regulations under which the firm operates.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Review and analysis of:
- Travel and entertainment alerts
- Gifts and entertainment
- Vendor engagements
- Requests to train client employees
- Due diligence reviews and research regarding potential business partners
- Data analysis and preparation of reports
- Preparation of management reports and training materials
- Interaction with members of the operations, technology, and business divisions
- Provide guidance to internal clients on anti-bribery compliance matters
- Supporting other teams in Financial Crime Compliance responsible for Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions advisory work.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years of relevant work experience
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills (pivot tables, experience with large data sets, proficient in data manipulation and presentation)
- Strong communicator, comfortable in presenting and explaining analysis
- Knowledge/experience with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, UK Bribery Act and other anti-corruption laws
- Knowledge/experience with financial products and services
- Team player with great attitude and work ethic
- Ability to multi-task on several different assignments/projects
- Interest in working on a global team dealing with global businesses