Compliance and Operational Risk Control (C&ORC) is an independent function providing oversight of the Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risks (so called ‘consequential’ risks) within the firm. The Global IB Chief of Staff team is seeking a talented individual be Head of CORC IB and UK OR Framework, Risk Reporting and ORM, which has 2 direct reports in London and 2 in Mumbai.
Are you risk averse but risk aware? Do you know how to maintain independence and objectivity?
We are looking for someone like that to:
- Manage/lead the Global IB & UK CORC Risk Reporting, OR Framework and Operational Risk Management (ORM) team.
- Review reports escalating breaches to senior management and challenging information to assure clear and transparent communication
- Provide input on the design of the core risk and control assessment methodology and frameworks for C&ORC, including management of relevant regional framework policies,
- Manage and lead on semi-annual Internal Control Assessment Process (ICAP) and quarterly Key Process Control (KPC) attestations
Your experience and skills
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business/Accountancy/Finance/Law or similar field
- High level of knowledge of compliance, change and operational risk – with subject matter expertise on risk assessment processes, investment banking, GRC risk systems, reporting, complex processes, stakeholder management and engagement advantageous.
- Excellent written communication skills and competence in portraying complex content in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to influence senior management and other stakeholders to successfully implement and deliver change.
- Strong business analysis and problem solving skills. Ability to easily to manipulate and analyze broad range of data.
- Goal-oriented, a self-motivated leader with strong communication skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized and detail orientated, able to work on own initiative and prioritize own workload
- A strategic and creative thinker, able to generate ideas and influence senior management
- Able to critically verify and challenge processes and documentation with an independent mindset
- Proficient user of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and skilled at data analytics in order to develop graphs, reports, and presentations
- Fluent in English