- Google’s legal department is at the center of an information law revolution, and you’re at its core. As a Legal Assistant, you are a driving force behind the success of your Legal team, ready to roll up your sleeves to create and improve processes, maintain records, conduct legal research and coordinate communications across the team. As you closely support your team, you may find yourself working with multiple groups within the Legal Department, internal clients across Google, and external parties. You’re an independent thinker who isn’t afraid to ask questions, and you’re organized in a way that never overlooks the details.
- As a Compliance Analyst, you are a driving force behind the success of your Legal team. You are ready to roll up your sleeves to create and improve processes, maintain records, conduct legal research and coordinate communications across the team. As you closely support your team, you may find yourself working with multiple groups within the Legal Department, internal clients across Google, and external parties. You are an independent thinker, who isn’t afraid to ask questions and are organized in a way that never overlooks the details.
- You will apply your skillset to new and interesting challenges that directly impact Google’s employee culture and business reputation. You will support our Code of Conduct and Third Party Data Protection teams and gain an in-depth knowledge of some key compliance areas at Google — the global management of conflicts of interest and ethical conduct among our employees, and the due diligence and maintenance of protections for user and employee data that is shared with third parties.
- 20th century laws don’t always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you’re a patent attorney, an. ty expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Support the Ethics & Compliance (E&C) team’s Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest program, including managing and allocating inquiries, answering questions, preparing data analytics and dashboards, and improving the program operations within Alphabet.
- Support the E&C team’s Third Party Data Protection program, including overseeing projects in relation to data privacy and information security, supporting due diligence efforts for third party relationships, liaising with Internal Audit teams on program effectiveness, maintaining program data using information management systems, developing analytics and dashboards for program reporting, supporting preparation for the external assessment of the program and supporting implementation and maintenance of the Third Party program in Alphabet.
- Assist in development of training materials and conduct training of Google employees on the code and third party data areas.
- Assist attorneys and program managers in developing documentation that communicates E&C programs to internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience working in a related field such as Consulting, Law, or Ethics and Compliance.
- Experience with data analysis and visualization, including creating, executing and maintaining SQL, BigQuery and Tableau tables, reports and dashboards.
- Experience in case/project management and business processes and systems.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of Ethics and Compliance matters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team-oriented mentality.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs