The focus of this role is to support the Head of Compliance in ensuring that department managers in Cardif Pinnacle and Warranty Direct (‘Cardif Pinnacle Group’) comply with regulatory and group requirements. This will be achieved by developing strong internal relationships with key stakeholders, managing the regulatory monitoring programme and providing policy advice to bring about solutions which meet regulatory requirements and enable the Cardif Pinnacle Group to achieve its commercial goals.
- To maintain awareness of the legislation and regulation affecting the insurance industry;
- To review and approve Financial Promotions, including sales, marketing, technical literature, telesales scripts and websites;
- To audit departments carrying out regulated activities to ensure compliance with agreed procedures;
- Assist in the completion of reports to the FCA/PRA and BNP Paribas Group;
- To produce relevant Management Information;
- Assist in the production of communications to increase the regulatory knowledge and skills within the Cardif Pinnacle Group;
- To work with the Compliance Manager in managing and creating internal policies and procedures;
- To assist the Compliance Manager in providing regulatory policy advice to internal departments;
- To monitor various compliance activities within the Cardif Pinnacle Group against the Compliance Monitoring Plan and to provide a full Gap Analysis report;
- To assist in maintaining Cardif Pinnacle’s data protection safeguards by providing detailed and accurate advice;
- To assist in maintaining Cardif Pinnacle’s regulatory safeguards against the risks of money laundering and terrorist financing;
- Assist in the production of training and communications to increase the regulatory knowledge and skills within Cardif Pinnacle;
- To analyse Management Information coming in to the department to assist in targeting the Compliance Monitoring Plan; and
- To represent the Compliance function in internal meetings.
- Other compliance related tasks and projects, as required.
Required Skills and Work Experience:
- Thinking analytically – being able to understand complex technical information and to apply this understanding to a variety of different scenarios.
- Displaying confidence and professionalism – demonstrating sound knowledge of the regulation relating to the FCA, PRA, Anti-Money Laundering regime,
- Data Protection and the insurance industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to explain complex technical information clearly and accurately for different levels of staff.
- Sound ability to solve problems and resolve enquiries.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Organisation – being able to prioritise and manage own work.
- An ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers – demonstrating tact and diplomacy.
- Being able to manage change, work under pressure, meet strict deadlines and secure results.
- Previous experience within the finance sector, including knowledge of basic risk management techniques.
- Demonstrable report writing skills.
Previous experience working in a Compliance role in the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of Cardif Pinnacle’s products and procedures. Required Qualifications Desirable
- Relevant Financial Services, Risk or Compliance Qualifications.
- Degree educated.