- Peoples Group is a boutique Financial Institution with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal that has been in the Canadian marketplace for over 30 years.
- Our focus is on exceeding our customer’s expectations by providing exceptional customer service backed by extensive product knowledge and experience.
- We believe that people come first, everyone has strengths, and work should be inspiring, challenging, and fun.
- Reporting to the Assistant Corporate Secretary, the incumbent is to help ensure that business units are compliant with government anti-money laundering legislation.
- In addition, the AML Compliance Analyst will provide support to the business units in AML compliance matters, assist with AML policies and procedures, department audits, and other ongoing projects related to AML compliance.
In this role you will:
- Assist in the implementation of the Peoples Group AML/ATF program to ensure compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements, including PCMLTFR and OSFI Guideline B-8
- Ensure efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions and reporting of suspicious transactions to the CAMLO and FINTRAC
- Administer the implementation of regulatory compliance control databases
- Ensure that actual and potential compliance violations and risk situations are pro-actively identified, investigated and resolved or escalated in an appropriate and timely manner
- Perform AML audits of various business units/branches
- Maintain AML policies and procedures
- Maintain current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends
- As an AML/ATF subject matter expert, provide direction and guidance to employees on appropriate remediation action for high risk accounts
- Ensure timely execution of instructions received from manager and/or CAMLO
- Assist with money laundering related queries from business units
- Be responsible for Peoples Group annual AML training module
- Assist with AML Self-Assessment and Bi-annual AML Risk Assessment
- Support regulatory examinations and external/internal audits
- High Level of Discretion
- Decision Maker Expert
- Critical Thinker Expert
- Analytical Expert
- Excellent Written Communication Expert
- Excellent Verbal Communicator Expert
- Self Starter
3-5 years: Minimum three to five years of AML compliance experience within the financial services industry
- Bachelor’s degree in business, related field or equivalent experience
- Certification in a professional association such as the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) or the Canadian Money Laundering Institute (CAMLI) would be considered an asset
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs