Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) is a Commercial Banking business located in 101 offices across the US and Canada. MMBSI provides credit, cash management, capital markets and corporate finance advisory solutions to corporations, municipalities and not-for-profit entities via our Core Banking and Specialized Industries teams. MMBSI covers more than 18,000 clients with Core Banking teams generally focusing on clients with annual revenues of $20 million to $500 million. In MMBSI, our competitive advantages include robust international capabilities, the ability to provide clients with access to world-class investment banking solutions and our focus on industry specialization. These key differentiators, combined with our dedication to personalized service and local delivery, allow us to build long-term relationships with mid-sized businesses and a wide spectrum of municipalities and not-for-profit entities.
- Work with Business Operations Manager and other team members to support the risk and control function.
- Assist in / manage projects that address business-identified or team-identified issues and control gaps. This involves initial research, development of the problem statement, identification and management of the working group, solution development and approval, implementation and finalized procedures.
- Act as the conduit from the MMBSI Bus Ops and the various control functional partners to execute deliverables that have a banker and Client impact.
- Liaise extensively with Bankers and non-Banker professional staff for the facilitation and execution of projects that are risk, compliance or control-focused and to communicate and articulate processes, procedures and requirements
- Participate in detailed risk assessments focused on specific clients, client groups, products or unique components of the business
- Participate in process improvement initiatives to enhance the client experience within a controlled environment
- Develop clear and concise reports and presentation materials, with actionable recommendations that drive continuous improvement in business process control function effectiveness, to be shared with senior management and other relevant stakeholders
- Develop strong relationships with business partners
- Bachelor’s Degree required. CPA, CFA, MBA or CAMS certification is a plus.
- 1-4 years of experience in Commercial/Corporate Banking is preferred.
- Prior experience in Banking, Credit, Regulatory Management, Controls, Risk Management and Project Management preferred.
- Prior experience working with key cross-functional groups in a complex line of business, implementing complex and new procedures, processes and systems.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving capabilities – ability to analyze situations with little guidance, perform self-guided research and offer creative solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and be successful in a fast paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication – ability to work at different levels of the organization and across teams within Commercial Banking and with other Lines of Business, including bankers, senior leaders and functional partners, effectively.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with business stakeholders.
- Experience developing strategic presentations to senior management preferred – ability to distill key points to a broad audience and tailor messages based on the audience.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel (pivot table and data manipulation, lookup/index/match functions, etc.), MS PowerPoint is required. MS SharePoint development and Visio / process mapping experience preferred. Advanced data manipulation (macros and/or SQL) is a plus.
- Highly organized, strong attention-to-detail, independent, adaptable, self-motivated, team player.
- Highly analytical, results-oriented, and process-improvement minded.