A global asset management firm, which is part of a large diversified international bank, specializing in sub-investment grade debt markets, seeks a Client On-Boarding, KYC and AML Compliance Analyst.
This alternative investments division, with over $30 billion under management, has an investment track record dating back nearly twenty years, and employs about 150 people in several countries.
The fund invests in senior loans, high yield bonds, stressed/distressed debt, direct lending and mezzanine capital, and structured credit. Their investors include pension funds, insurance companies, banks, and high net worth individuals.
- Responsible for all aspects of AML risk control with a particular focus on completing know your client due diligence for all new accounts.
- Being involved in regular communication with various lines of businesses for documentation, clarifications, and on project work.
- Gathering information from various sources in order to produce AML related management information.
- Being responsible for ensuring all aspects of the AML program are executed to a high standard and will provides advice and guidance to the lines of business regarding processes related to AML.
- Planning, coordination and efficient conduct relating to the identification and verification of clients in order to identify and manage any associated AML risks;
- Conducting due diligence on prospective clients to meet KYC/AML Regulations in compliance with regulations in multiple domiciles;
- Ability to deal with a broad spectrum of entity types – Pension Schemes, Hedge Funds, Private Companies, Complex fund structures;
- Conducting periodic reviews of due diligence on existing clients to ensure identification of changes in risk profile;
- Ensuring accurate static data is maintained on internal systems; maintain client and portfolio reference data;
- Providing timely and accurate query investigation and resolution; Contribute to projects as assigned;
- Maintaining key interactions with relationship managers, portfolio managers and functional teams such as compliance, risk, legal;
- Performing daily and weekly AML screening, periodic reconciliations, and annual client reviews;
- Maintaining and implementing specialized knowledge of industry best practices, regulatory requirements, and internal firm policies on an ongoing basis.
Essential skills & experience:
- Strong technical knowledge of anti-money laundering rules.
- Experience in a similar role with a Bank or asset management company.
- Suitable candidates will also need excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, prioritization of work and a strong grasp of the importance of risk management and compliance;
- A sound understanding of product, business and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- A relevant professional qualification/ degree.
- Experience with offshore private funds (e.g., hedge funds, private equity funds) required.
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com