The Chief Financial Officer will provide strategic leadership to direct the company-wide financial plan and insure that fiscal objectives, policies and practices are operating efficiently to insure a financially sound organization. This person will also direct strategies to provide financial and capacity modeling, and initiate decision support initiatives to develop forecasts to move the company forward. The incumbent will serve as an integral member of the leadership team to implement new models, programs and areas for operational efficiencies.
- Develops and provides routine assessment and adheres to a fiscal budget and financial benchmarks for the corporation to include fund raising, census development, revenue and expense goals, and insures that capital and debt capacity is available for on-going program growth and replacement of plant, property and equipment.
- Demonstrates effective vision, leadership and management practices to adjudge to economic conditions, senior living trends, clinical acuity and revisions in the regulations to insure favorable growth and program sustainability.
- Demonstrates communication skills and team management practices to link the vision and operations of Lutheran SeniorLife to measurable financial goals that will enable the organization to sustain and grow its programs into the future.
- Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decisions affecting routine operations and the evaluation of potential affiliations, mergers or future delivery system models.
- Conducts routine financial assessments of current and future programs, provides economic modeling and forecasting and communicates findings by developing a fiscal report to pinpoint opportunities and areas that need to be improved.
- Provides investment management support in collaboration with investment managers and committees to grow cash reserves and raise additional capital required to expand the programs and services of Lutheran SeniorLife and to meet its benevolent care needs.
- Develops and communicates the financial requirements of the long-range plans of Lutheran SeniorLife and evaluates the business structure and potential return on investment to insure favorable fiscal growth.
- Develops reports to compare on-going company-wide financial performance with operating plans and benchmark standards, and communicates the results and secures agreement for corrective action.
- Directs, manages and guides the activities within the areas of responsibility to include investment management, billing & accounting, and supply chain management to insure efficient and effective completion of work efforts within established timelines and industry benchmarks for accounts payables, accounts receivables, write-offs, inventory management, investments, etc.
- Directs the preparation of monthly financial statements, to include statements of activity, financial position and cash flow, board reports, tax returns and reports for government regulatory agencies as well as consolidated fiscal year budgets.
- Maintains an organizational structure and business system for areas of responsibility that are effective & efficient, and able to adjust and meet the demands of growth, new business opportunities and alignment with industry benchmarks.
- Implements and delivers an effective database management system to include system integration with internal and external business systems and applications for customer and user interface.
- Master’s Degree in business administration or accounting preferred.
- C.P.A. designation preferred.
- Five years related CFO experience in a similar field required.
- Knowledge of supply chain management processes.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and integrate software systems.
- Knowledge of:
- HIPAA requirements and application to insure data security.
- Financial planning and strategy.
- Managing organizational profitability.
- Forecasting and fiscal budget preparation.