Purpose of this position:
- Manage the Controlling & Accounting functions, comprising of accounting, finance, treasury, tax, controlling, planning, reporting, and budgeting.
- Planning & Controlling: Ensure transparency regarding financial effects of all company business activities, including financial evaluation as decisions need to support target achievement (profitability, efficiency) and minimize company’s risk exposure. Includes planning, monitoring and reporting (OP, Actuals, Forecast) in total, and per business unit related to revenue controlling, stock controlling, budget and cost controlling, investment planning/controlling, financial controlling, residual value management, project controlling and feasibility studies on new projects, local content or other topics. Alignment of planning & actuals with DAG.
- Reporting: Ensure transparent and decision-oriented reporting regarding financials to the Board of Management, the Board of Directors, all involved DAG board/meeting (e.g. BoM, MBC, AMP) and DAG interface areas.
- Accounting (with shared services): Ensure correct and transparent recording of all business transactions in the relevant period. Includes corporate reporting and publication of audited company results on-time and in accordance with general accounting principles, existing laws and internal guidelines (incl. ICFR). In detail this includes accounts payables and receivables (payment/invoicing), financial and cost accounting/financial administration, credit management based on adequate implementation of local and/or by the group defined processes. Ensure adequate preparation of periodical financial statements (Balance Sheet, profit/loss) according to national and Daimler standards for relevant entities and of the Asset Accounting & Management (real estate, factoring). Ensure quality and compliance due to adequate control mechanisms.
- Tax: Minimize tax and import duties paid within tax laws/requirements, including income tax planning and calculation, statements and reports as well as handling of other taxes (e.g. VAT, excise tax, withholding tax) and duties. Alignment with internal & external tax consultants/partners in order to efficiently submit tax returns on time.
- Treasury: Ensure management of sufficient liquidity, including cooperation with Treasury in the structuring and funding, cash management and cash flow planning. Ensure transactions of payables & receivables on time and in line with applicable rules and procedures. Management of bank accounts according to applicable rules and procedures.
- Risk Management (Finance View): Setting up of procedures for risk evaluation, monitoring and reporting. Financial risk controlling.
- Internal Control System and Compliance: Establishing and maintaining an adequate internal control system over financial reporting (ICS), ensuring adherence to corporate compliance regulations and shareholder requirement.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting or related area and or the equivalent combination of education or experience.
- A minimum of seven years of experience finance & controlling, accounting, treasury and tax, and leadership experience.
- For internal placement candidates, must be PV44 qualified or a current E4 with a LEAD rating of “Successful” or better.
Financial and controlling processes at Daimler, Accounting, fluent in English and German.
Fluent in English and German.
Daimler AG has set-up a trading house in the US. The new entity (MB ExTra) will be responsible for the steering of parts from U.S. suppliers to plants outside of the US and the returnable rack loop within the United States. MB ExTra is a wholly owned subsidiary of Daimler North America Corporation and is currently searching for a location in West or Central Alabama. The entity will be staffed by employees who will handle finance and controlling, supply chain management, quality management, supplier quality and capacity management.