Our client, a leading global investment management firm, seeks a Chief Compliance Officer to oversee a Robo Advisor division.
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The Compliance professional will be responsible for developing, implementing, testing and maintaining an effective compliance program to address all relevant SEC and FINRA regulatory requirements for this exciting group.
The position will be based in Houston, TX (or potentially in Atlanta, GA) and will report to the firm’s U.S. Distribution CCO.
The position will serve as the CCO of an internet investment adviser that provides automated advice.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
• The role includes the enhancement and daily oversight of a compliance program
• Build upon a compliance program and offer guidance and advice
• Create guidance and ensuring supervision to the guidance for on-line tools/hypotheticals
• Create a compliance program for a robo-advisor that is providing investment models and separately managed accounts
• Work with a technology solution/digital tool that is creating suitability questionnaires that match retail clients to portfolios (FINRA Rule 2111)
• Create guidance and training that will help a wholesale organization understand how they can engage with their clients post Department of Labor fiduciary rule implementation
• Create and implement a testing program to test new compliance programs that are created in this new environment
• Create and implement testing programs and reporting for other compliance programs within the compliance group
Work Experience / Knowledge:
• 5-10 years Compliance experience, preferably with a SEC-registered advisor and/or advice giving broker/dealer
• Background with testing and reporting programs within a compliance governance setting
• Strong knowledge and understanding of advice rules from both a SEC Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and FINRA perspective
• Ability to work closely with business leaders, manage relationships; and understand and balance business needs with regulatory risk
• Effective leadership skills with a proven ability to effectively and clearly identify issues and communicate findings to business partners
• Ability to evaluate complex regulatory matters and provide clear and insightful guidance to senior management and Compliance department personnel
• Strong interpersonal skills in order to maintain working relationships with infrastructure support partners
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and follow-up on key issues in a timely manner
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Proficiency Microsoft products
• Strong presentation skills
• Understand robo advisors and how they work
Formal Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly – JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com
Please visit our job board, www.ComplianceJobs.com and news blog, www.ComplianceX.com