- The Portfolio Services Asset Reconciliation Team is a dedicated group of professionals who ensure that all BlackRock position data is accurate for critical processes including investment management, analytics, compliance, and regulatory. Position types include, but are not limited to, equities, fixed income, OTC derivative positions (swaps, swaptions, FXs, and synthetics) and collateral. The team provides information services and solutions in support of all BlackRock and BlackRock Solutions businesses. The position reconciliation plays a prominent role in the lifecycle of a trade, leveraging BlackRock’s proprietary platform Aladdin to ensure operational consistency and client fiduciary responsibilities.
- As a senior member of the Asset Reconciliation team, this role will help lead the management and strategic direction of the business. This will include people management, controls governance, strategic project delivery, and contribution towards development of the technology platform, specifically to improve the ability to create an efficient, effective and scalable business. The team is at an exciting juncture with technology development and this role offers a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of industry leading innovation.
- Staff management: All facets of people management to be performed including: coaching and development of staff, leading and motivating as well as performing goal-setting, 1-1s, mid-year and year-end staff reviews.
- Strategic leadership: Be considerate of technology, procedures, process, risk and control, as well as being thoughtful of opportunities that will set the team up to be successful over the long-term.
- Data Analytics: designed to provide greater utilization of data within the Asset Reconciliation function and beyond, to drive scale and efficiency with our internal and external partners.
- Control and risk oversight for all functions performed within team and act as escalation point for issues raised by team.
- Internal & external relationship management.
- Leading & coordinating issue resolution with key stakeholders including custodians, counterparties, and various internal partners.
- Work closely with key offshore partner Oracle Financial Services (OFS). Understand the role of OFS, develop relationships and ensure that a globally consistent process is in place, as well as contributing to the macro considerations such as BCM and procedural alignment.
- Contribute to the wider US and Global Asset Reconciliation team agenda.
- Lead/assist in delivery of strategic and tactical projects.
- Create metrics and contribute solutions to promote risk and control in the team as well as improving the operational efficiency.
- Maintain accurate desktop procedures and commit to adherence of all regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree – concentration in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics is preferred
- Understanding of financial instruments, ranging across equities, fixed income, derivative products
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapid changing, deadline driven environment
- Ability to lead in a team environment and build strong relationships with colleagues and both internal and external contacts
- Demonstration of strategic & tactical delivery in previous role(s) which would have enhanced the operational efficiency, risk management and control oversight of team(s) managed
- Strong initiative to follow up on outstanding issues – identify what needs to be done and take action and see through to resolution with minimal guidance
- Demonstration of making effective decisions based on limited information and awareness of when to obtain further assistance/clarification as necessary
- Strong attention to detail to ensure a high degree of accuracy in everything you do
- Possess a high level of self-motivation, adaptability and enjoy problem solving
- Demonstrate an affinity for teamwork and to contribute as a partner within a truly global team
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate constructively at all levels
- Be highly organized, focused with practiced skills in operating effectively to tight deadlines within a high risk and high volume environment
- Expertise in Microsoft office products with an emphasis on Excel
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs