The Examinations and Inspections (E&I) Department is interviewing candidates in all District locations for an open full-time Capital Markets Risk Specialist position. This role requires the exercise of essential examiner skills, including supervisory knowledge and judgment required to assess and develop conclusions and recommendations, primarily within the capital markets discipline, for community and regional banking organizations.
- Leading and participating on supervisory activities designed to assess key capital markets-related risk exposures and corresponding risk management practices for regional and community banking organizations.
- Serving as the point of contact for regional state member banks and bank holding companies, and/or providing subject matter expertise on supervisory events for larger, complex, or problematic community banking organizations.
- Fostering interagency relationships and independently collaborating with other agency representatives to ensure a consistent supervisory approach.
- Representing the Reserve Bank’s official position in meetings with senior level management of banking organizations and other regulators.
- Creating tailored memoranda, letters, and other written correspondence intended to communicate analytical conclusions and matters for supervisory record.
- Managing examination resources to ensure a thorough assessment of all key risk areas, including setting the scope/direction of the examination team’s review activities.
- Providing leadership, technical expertise and guidance to train and develop less experienced staff on matters within the capital markets discipline.
- Partnering with CPCs/EICs and other parties regarding regulatory and supervisory issues pertaining to district banking organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in business, accounting, finance, or economics or equivalent work experience.
- Requires commissioned examiner credentials obtained by completing a rigorous structured training program, including demonstration of proficiency through testing and on-the-job performance.
- Significant industry and/or regulatory experience desired.
- Basic understanding of the banking industry and economic conditions. Assesses the impact of economic trends on individual institutions and/or portfolios of institutions.
- Demonstrates strong leadership.
- Demonstrates strong performance of the core skills as defined for the Division.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to proficiently utilize a variety of analytical techniques to solve problems.
- Demonstrates balanced judgment and well-reasoned decision making in situations that involve complex or problematic issues, public scrutiny, market reactions, and potentially adversarial circumstances.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence, collaborate, and lead others.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, both written and oral, enabling effective delivery of supervisory messages and/or knowledge to a variety of audiences.
- Position may require travel for extended periods of time; up to 50 percent.
- Demonstrates a high level of proficiency in utilizing and manipulating data contained in the core automation and work process tools utilized by the Division and System.