When clients need capital, Global Capital Markets (GCM) responds with market judgments and ingenuity. Whether executing an IPO, a debt offering or a leveraged buyout, GCM integrates Morgan Stanley’s expertise in Sales and Trading and Investment Banking, offering clients seamless advice and sophisticated solutions. GCM originates, structures and executes public and private placement of equities, investment-grade and noninvestment-grade debt and related products. The group provides fresh ideas and broad distribution to help clients get the most out of each stage of a transaction, and continually develops capital markets solutions to enable clients to mitigate strategic, operational, credit and market risks.
- GCM Strats in New York Office provide financial analytics solutions, data-oriented solutions and modeling solutions to both internal clients and external clients.
- We are looking for a highly talented, motivated and creative strategist with hands-on software engineering skills and 2-3 years of data analysis experience.
- The candidate will be building and maintaining data-driven analytics that analyze business opportunities across capital market and lending business.
- We are a fast-paced, dynamic team of client-centric strategists, and the candidate will have direct exposure to and interaction with a variety of products and solutions, including, but not limited to, equity capital market, fixed income capital market, leveraged finance, securitization and structured products, derivatives, loan portfolio management, and advisory business such as pension advisory and rating advisory on a global scale.
An ability to partner with fellow strats, bankers and traders to quickly grasp business requirements and respond to economic, market, corporate and regulatory events with agility
- Advanced knowledge of front-end/back-end development for data-driven analytics and platforms such as automated screening systems, browser-based analytics and text-mining algorithms
- Experience with large-scale data (market, fundamental, structured and unstructured data) modeling
- Database fluency and good understanding of Q/KDB+, SQL, Linux, and high level languages for data analysis and modeling, especially Python and R
- Self-starter and collaborator
- Possess good understanding of capital market and lending business
- Working knowledge of X42 (for internal candidates) is a plus