Varo is changing the future of banking with our mobile app: a frictionless bank account that also helps customers do more with their money. Varo is building a mobile bank that helps customers cover their expenses, pay their bills and build their wealth over time — so they can stop worrying about money and go live their lives. Unlike traditional banks or other fintech apps, Varo offers a complete solution with integrated deposit, budgeting, savings and lending products that help customers bank with ease and achieve better financial outcomes. There’s no reason for a bank branch on every corner anymore: all that customers need is a smartphone to bank seamlessly. Based in San Francisco and privately held, Varo has raised $78M to date, led by Warburg Pincus and The Rise Fund / TPG Growth.
ABOUT THE MARKETING FUNCTION AND BUSINESS INSIGHTS TEAM:
- The Marketing organization is responsible for building Varo’s brand and for designing and executing the marketing initiatives to drive scale and deepen Varo’s relationship with its customers. Within the marketing organization, the Business Insights and Customer Analytics team will play a leading role in building the organization’s MIS horsepower and generating actionable insights to drive marketing and general business strategy.
- We’re thrilled by the idea of building the bank of the future and the analytics and insights to support it. Transforming business insights into actionable marketing recommendations and strategies will be instrumental in building a competitive edge for Varo.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Understand business and customer performance and develop hypothesis and recommendations on marketing and general business strategy
- Produce periodic and ad hoc reporting for senior management, shareholders and investors
- Create and enforce consistent KPI definitions and methodologies across the organization
- Partner with the Data Infrastructure team to ensure the integrity, quality and evolution of Varo’s Data Warehouse, and to ensure that a robust Data Governance process is in place
- Build a center of excellence for data driven strategy
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCES THAT’LL HELP YOU BE GREAT:
- 4-6 years of experience in business analytics roles
- Knowledge of Looker, Tableau or similar tools
- Background in business, finance or economics
- MBA preferred but not required
THE THREE SKILLS THAT MATTER MOST:
Nobody can be great at everything, but we’re looking for candidates who are extraordinary at:
- Structured problem solving and quantitative analysis
- Intellectual curiosity, customer centricity and ability to think strategically
- Collaborative team player, self starter and able to thrive in a startup environment
Other nice to haves:
- Experience in Fintech
- Working knowledge of SQL, R, Python, SAS