The mission of the Business Innovation & Growth (“BIG”) team is to apply creativity, rigor, and collaboration to help plan and execute the business growth of Two Sigma. Our work is a blend of strategy, technology, finance, venture capital, and execution with a key focus on defining what the future looks like and how Two Sigma can play a part in defining and improving it. Our mandate is to shape the future of finance and technology – as a proven pioneer and leader in both spaces. The Business Innovation & Growth analyst will make important contributions across a diverse array of projects and will be expected to develop a broad skill-set in data science, engineering, business and finance. We are a small team with no formal hierarchies – so the analyst role has significant potential for learning and impact.
- Helping define the long-term strategy and operating model of Two Sigma;
- Analyzing specific potential new business opportunities related to market gaps, disruptive technologies, and shifts in behaviors – across a wide range of industries;
- Driving execution of new business initiatives using a combination of product prototyping, modeling, financial analysis, incubation or business development capabilities;
- Developing strategic partnerships with potential counter-parties on a global basis; and
- Executing on strategic opportunities (e.g., M&A).
- 18-36 months of experience in roles within the fields of technology, engineering, business strategy, venture capital, consulting, banking and/or investment management type.
- BA / BS degree –majors / minors in engineering, computer science, data science, math, finance or related fields with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- The ability to write basic code or conduct basic data science analyses (or to quickly learn).
- A passion for technology, financial services and investment management.
- A willingness to approach problems from first principles, with the support of rigorous quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- A balanced approach combining judgment, analytical rigor, curiosity, open-mindedness and creativity.
- Or… to condense everything: a passion for learning, analyzing and executing (with a sense of fun!).