The Supervisory Financial Analyst performs sophisticated, in-depth analyses related to banking supervisory or regulatory activities involving extremely complex and sensitive issues. Leads or conducts special studies and projects relating to financial institution supervision and regulation, and advises senior management on significant issues. Identifies and develops remedies to problems or potential problems in the banking system or individual banking organizations. By written or oral report, keeps the Board, Division Management, and the Division Oversight Committee informed on developing trends and issues in the financial environment.
The ideal candidate will have
- Demonstrated knowledge of and competence in the application of advanced analytical processes
- Ability to translate the theoretical or conceptual information into tangible outputs/products
- Ability to identify and evaluate potential implications of a given approach
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, organization, timeliness, sound judgment, resourcefulness, and creativity
- Ability to distill often complex information and identify appropriate options or solutions for decision makers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong experience in managing complex projects
- Strong experience in finance and financial analysis, preferably experience in capital markets transactions
- Substantial knowledge of the financial services industry
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing the operations of banks and other financial institutions
- Ability to take initiative, work with an appropriate level of independence, work effectively in teams and build positive working relationships.
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills and
- An ability to express complex concepts concisely to different audiences
- Ability to interpret and develop quantitative analyses based on data is helpful, but not necessary.
- Advanced degrees in business, law, public policy, or related fields
- Writing Test may be administered
- Travel required: 5-10%