The BSA/AML Analyst will be responsible for assisting the FIU Manager in order to ensure adherence to State & Federal regulatory compliance regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and related laws. Work with the FIU Manager to administer the Bank’s BSA/AML Program and related procedures in accordance with the Bank’s policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- Perform Enhanced Due Diligence investigations on High Risk Customers; including but not limited to the following types of activities: Complex relationships, money laundering, and terrorist financing.
- Review cases and alerts generated for Customers.
- As scheduled, perform analysis of core application and AML system reports that identify potential suspicious activity, including case management.
- Perform ongoing risk assessments on the firms customer base.
- Perform appropriate review of new accounts, using system reports, to ensure that new accounts have been appropriately risk rated.
- Prepare suspicious activity reviews for presentment to the SAR Committee.
- Perform review of CIF and other lists for compliance with requests and OFAC updates.
- Stay current with changes in BSA and related laws & regulations.
- Perform manual monitoring of monetary instruments, ACH activity, and wire transfers for potential suspicious activity.
- Attend periodic training to maintain high level of BSA/AML/OFAC knowledge.
- Perform and resolve as appropriate of the Bank’s internal systems used for background checks, PEP status, negative information, ID verification, and OFAC reviews.
- Assist in preparing for Regulatory BSA Examination and Internal Audits.
- Review and resolve opened Help Desk tickets initiated bank wide.
- Assist with other projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One or more years of BSA/AML experience required. College degree preferred.
Effective oral and written communications skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and customers.
Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draws valid conclusions. Must possess good research skills involving customer and transactional data and the ability to support conclusions with documentary evidence. Innovative use of various reference sources to assist with research. Computer literate: fluency in Microsoft Office programs and Excel.
Professional, business setting.
Please send resumes to Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com