Our client, a regional bank, is seeking an Investigations Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst Compliance professional.
The ideal candidate is responsible for reviewing investigation documentation relating to Closed Alert, Closed Cases, Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) filed Currency Transaction Reports filed, and New Accounts Opened documentation and OFAC Alerts closed to ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) requirements, regulatory expectations, and internal policies. Other QA work relating to BSA/AML/OFAC may be required at the direction of the BSA Officer.
A critical component of the job is to ensure that the BSA Department is making appropriate risk-based decisions including the decision to file a SAR or not file a SAR; therefore, the Investigations QA Analyst should have an intermediate or advanced understanding of common money laundering/fraud typologies In addition to a normal case/SAR QA workload, the Senior Analyst will be tasked with various projects, including potential recurring monthly processes which may involve interaction with Branch Managers and members of Senior Management and Internal Auditors.
The QA Analyst will need to be capable of working both independently and within a team environment. Due to often ambiguous nature of AML/TF work, it is essential that an analyst is capable of making balanced decisions in a confident manner and is willing to defend positions using sound logic and reason. In addition to conducting traditional core BSA/AML QA testing (e.g. review SAR form for accuracy), the QA analyst will be tasked with non-traditional testing methods which may differ from month-to-month. Flexibility and willingness to learn is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following
- Review SARs and/or investigation documentation to ensure they consistently meet Bank Secrecy Act requirements, regulator expectations and internal policies (timeliness, accuracy, completeness).
- Evaluate the effectiveness of investigative work products to ensure the appropriate risk factors were considered in the overall decision to SAR/No SAR.
- Review Closed Alerts and Cases to ensure compliance with regulatory expectation and internal bank policy and procedures.
- Review CTRs filed with FinCEN to ensure accurate and timely filing.
- Review newly established accounts to ensure compliance with CIP, CDD and EDD as they relates to the BSA and USA Patriot Act regulations and internal bank procedures.
- Review OFAC closed Cases to ensure that they are adequately documented
- Serve as a control owner for controls maintained by QA
- Participate/Lead in periodic IQA calibration sessions to improve quality and consistency.
- Provide feedback and training to the BSA Team on how to improve their SAR reporting and investigation quality
- Assist with trend analysis on SARs filed by the Bank, to include deficiencies in SAR reporting, but also in regard to suspicious activity, account type, and/or geographic trends identified.
- Prepare quarterly Quality Assurance Management reports Closed alerts, Closed Cases, SARs, No SAR, CTRs, and new accounts.
- Assist in implementation of AML/BSA detection and prevention methods, such as training and instruction manuals.
- Lead special projects or critical casework.
- Actively ensure compliance with all Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, and suspicious activity reporting requirements, policies, and procedures. Ensure that the BSA team completes their annual online training on a timely basis.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years of experience in an applicable risk management environment
- Applicable professional certifications
- Three to five years’ experience in investigations, including filing SARs on Fraud and/or AML/TF matters or related audit/regulatory experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- -Capable of editing written documentation
- Keen attention to detail on a consistent basis
- Willing to learn and be flexible to change
- Critical thinking skills
- ACAMs or ACFE certification preferred
- Prior bank experience in AML/Fraud environment or internal audit
- Knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act / Anti Money Laundering laws and regulations
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of money laundering techniques/fraud schemes
- Capable of describing AML risks and controls
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and/or experience in using other database applications
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com