Our client is looking for someone for their Internal Audit division. This group provides independent assessments of the company’s governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent aimed to enhance the control culture worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role participates in the timely delivery of high quality; value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the respective regulators, globally.
This role also will contribute to the scoping and execution of Compliance audit coverage in accordance with established Internal Audit methodology and professional auditing standards, legal entity governance reporting, and other regulatory compliance audits. The position will be based in New York and will provide Internal Audit’s Compliance Center of Excellence team with resources to ensure the provision of independent assurance, which is consistent and aligned with the NY and global Internal Audit strategies and Institutional Clients business objectives, is met. Specifically this will cover the core businesses Capital Markets Origination, Corporate & Investment Banking, Markets, Treasury & Trade Solutions, Securities & Fund Services, and the Bank.
The candidate should have functional knowledge of local regulatory compliance programs that have been established to comply with the local regulatory requirements, policies and procedures, provisions and guidelines established by the Federal Reserve, Securities Exchange Commission and other related agencies, and all applicable regulations governing local banking activities and operations. The candidate must have working knowledge of regulatory requirements and the related risks and controls and demonstrate the ability to work with senior management.
- Applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
- Executes a robust Audit Plan for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and policies.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and where appropriate, branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Performs audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan.
- Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology.
- Performs moderately complex audits related to regulatory compliance in accordance with Internal Audit methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions.
- Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs.
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
- Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
- Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
- Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
- Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing.
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- Experience in areas related to compliance, external or internal audit.
- Intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in business and functional management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholders high quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and ‘no surprises’ approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly – JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com