Our client, a global bank, seeks to hire an experienced Audit Manager. This role will contribute to the scoping and execution of Regulatory Compliance, KYC, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Sanction Screening audit coverage in accordance with established Internal Audit (IA) methodology and professional auditing standards, legal entity governance reporting, and other regulatory compliance audits. The position will provide Internal Audit’s (IA) Compliance and other teams with local resources to ensure the provision of independent assurance which is consistent and aligned with the US and global IA strategies and the Consumer and Institutional Clients business objectives.
The candidate should have functional knowledge of local regulatory compliance and AML programs that have been established to comply with the U.S. and in-country regulatory requirements, Transaction monitoring systems, company policies and procedures, provisions and guidelines established by the US Tresury Department and other related agencies as related to prohibited activities, money laundering and financing of terrorism, and all applicable regulations governing local banking activities and operations. The candidate must have working knowledge of regulatory requirements and the related risks and controls and demonstrate the ability to work with senior management and lead audit team execution.
- Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and policies.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and (where appropriate, branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Manages audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan.
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in one or more of the corporation’s businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology.
- Manages a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit, including a small to medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals. Recruits staff, develops talent, builds effective teams, and manages a budget.
- Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high risk areas including: KAMLS for Consumer or Investment Banking businesses, technology management; project/program management; regulatory compliance or supplier management.
- Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff.
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues
- Analyzes reporting findings; Recommends appropriate interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems.
- Partners with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
- Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews.
- Reviews and approves Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries.
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus, while a CAMS certification is a strong plus.
- Minimum 8 years of Audit experience in areas related to banking regulations, AML programs, local standards, and internal policies.
- Senior level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of Financial Services Industry, especially those associated with the KYC, AML, Transaction Monitoring and Sanctions.
- Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and ‘no surprises’ approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- Knowledge of financial services Compliance and AML programs, regulations, standards, and standard business internal policies.
Please send resumes to Jack Kelly – JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com