Here is what you can expect when you work for us:
U.S. Bank Purpose and Core Values:
- Our purpose is our reason for being: We invest our hearts and minds to power human potential.
- Our core values establish a standard of measure for acting in the best interest of our customers, colleagues, communities and shareholders. They tell us what’s important and how we’ll succeed – now and in the future. And they apply equally to everyone.
- We do the right thing.
- We power potential.
- We stay a step ahead.
- We draw strength from diversity.
- We put people first.
About the job:
The Audit Manager is responsible for Audit Planning, supervising Risk & Control Design Assessments, supervising Control Performance Effectiveness work and Summarization of Results in accordance with Corporate Audit Services policies and procedures. Under the direction of the Audit Director the Audit Manager is expected to complete the audit plan as approved by the U.S. Bancorp Audit Committee for their respective area of responsibility. This role also includes interactions with key stakeholders, regulators, and other managers and directors throughout the department.
What you will do:
- Executes completion of the Audit Plan.
- Completes all audit planning activities in accordance with Corporate Audit Services Policies and Procedures including client communications.
- The primary client contact throughout the audit process.
- Supervises the assigned audit team during their completion of the Risk & Control Design Assessments and Control Performance Effectiveness work. This includes reviewing and approving sampling rationale and test design.
- Responsible for having a comprehensive knowledge of all Points for Discussions (PFDs) and obtains Director Approval prior to client submission.
- Completes detailed work paper reviews to assure work is completed and documented in accordance with Corporate Audit Services Policies and Procedures.
- Completes the summarization phase of assigned audits.
- Identifies and works with audit team to determine course of action for potential issues.
- Provides responses to issues identified in connection with the Corporate Audit Services QAR and resolves QAR issues as necessary.
- Responsible for personnel management of the assigned team in accordance with Human Resource Policies including performance evaluations, career development, training, and recruiting. The department standard is to keep unplanned turnover to 15% or less.
- Manages chargeable hours of the assigned team
- Performs other duties as requested by the Audit Director.
- The candidate should have unquestionable integrity, objectivity and probing inquisitiveness with ability to management multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Expert ability to analyze a complex set of data and extract information critical to identifying and communicating the inherent and residual risk to the business line.
- Excellent persuasive communication and negotiation skills to effectively interact with staff and senior management during the presentation of audit findings and recommendations.
- The candidate should possess proficient business knowledge of their assigned area of responsibility.
- The candidate should possess audit expertise with respect to: inherent and residual risks and the identification thereof; internal controls and the design of control environments including assessments thereof; control performance effectiveness testing including interpretation of results; sampling techniques including documentation of sampling rationale; and internal audit standards and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, MIS or related discipline
- A combination of ten or more years of progressive experience in public accounting, financial institutions internal audit or consulting.
- Two to three years of management experience
- Professional Certification such as a CPA, CIA, CFSA, or other area of specialization
- Proven leadership skills including management and coaching of staff
- Advanced knowledge in auditing, reporting and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Relevant Financial Services Industry knowledge (e.g., Lending, Operations, Trust, Payment Cards, etc.) including understanding of risk theory, control frameworks, applicable financial services industry trends, laws and regulations; and impact of government legislation and regulation on business
- Relevant Payment Services/Credit Card industry knowledge including merchant acquiring
- Understanding of international operations and risk associated with an international company Some travel is required – up to 50% including internationally.