- We have an immediate opening for a dynamic, highly motivated and experienced Level 64 attorney to join our U.S. Field Corporate, External and Legal Affairs (CELA) team in the Sales, Marketing & Services Group of CELA. This attorney would primarily support Microsoft’s cloud computing (Software as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service) and devices business, as well as its traditional software licensing and consulting services businesses for Microsoft’s U.S. Commercial Enterprise & Partner Group (EPG) – Central Region team.
- Ideally, this position will be located in Chicago, Illinois. Other locations may be considered for the right candidate.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising business clients relative to complex cloud computing and devices agreements with major commercial customers in the U.S., including but not limited to large financial, banking and healthcare institutions;
- Drafting, negotiating and advising business clients relative to software licensing, consulting services, product support, teaming, non-disclosure, and other agreements with customers and partners;
- Providing strategic advice on newly emerging Information Technology business models including Internet of Things (‘IoT’);
- Providing strategic advice and guidance on rapidly changing privacy and security regulatory issues impacting Microsoft products and services; and
- Providing other necessary general legal advice and counsel to business clients primarily in the areas of antitrust law, intellectual property law, anti-piracy, ethics and compliance, employment law, privacy law, dispute resolution and corporate citizenship.
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school with excellent academic credentials and admission to the state bar of at least one U.S. state;
- 5+ years of experience as a transactional attorney in-house and/or at a law firm with experience in cloud computing, software licensing, systems integration, or other complex services engagements, especially those involving software and other intellectual property;
- Strong analytical and drafting skills;
- Strong experience in negotiating information technology agreements with large enterprise commercial and/or government entities;
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines and balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Office, Word and PowerPoint; and
- Ability to work independently and partner effectively in a team environment.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs