You will also evaluate pre-suit patent demands, evaluate patent acquisitions offerings, and conduct patent due diligence for mergers and acquisitions as needed.
20th century laws don’t always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you’re a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Identify strategic areas for patenting, evaluate patentability of inventions, and build and manage a patent portfolio.
- Counsel and educate engineering and business clients on patent-related matters.
- Evaluate third-party patent threats and potential patent acquisition/licensing opportunities.
- JD degree or equivalent.
- 3 years of experience as a practicing patent attorney.
- Eligibility to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Must be admitted to the bar in which position is located and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., have registered in-house status) in the state in which the position is located.)
- Experience in strategic patent portfolio development.
- Understanding of the internet and the architecture, software and businesses surrounding it.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills.