Jefferies Private Capital Group (“JPCG”) is a leading global alternative placement agent specializing in raising private capital for select alternative fund managers, management teams and private companies. JPCG is seeking an individual with two to four years of placement agent industry experience for our Project Management team that would work in our New York office. Candidates with investment banking experience in addition to experience as a placement agent are preferred. The role will work closely with our clients and senior team members in the execution of private equity fund placements as well as private financings/direct transactions, in partnership with various sector-focused investment banking groups.
- Core member of the Project Management team for fund placement and direct financing engagements;
- Evaluate potential placement assignments;
- Serve as liaison between clients and the JPCG distribution team;
- Prepare offering materials, including presentations, PPMs and due diligence materials;
- Manage the fundraise process, including monitoring investor feedback/progress, fulfilling investor diligence requests and helping produce investor target lists;
- Lead the group’s competitor, general industry and market research efforts.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE SKILLS:
- Two to four years of related experience in fund placement;
- Two+ years of investment banking experience;
- Four-year degree from a leading college/university, with a distinguished academic background;
- Strong financial, strategic and analytical skills;
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written;
- Highly proficient in Powerpoint, Excel and Word;
- Ability to multi-task within an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment;