|Organisation:||Asian Development Bank|
|Industry:||Multilateral development bank|
|Function:||Investment, Multi-currency Derivatives, Office Administration|
To provide critical analytical and technical support in the management and administration of Staff Retirement Plan (SRP) investments by undertaking a range of specialized duties.
Investment Activity Monitoring
- Reviews audited month-end reports from global custodian to verify that SRP assets are invested in accordance with policy guidelines.
- Reports any violations encountered and recommends a remedial course of action.
- Maintains and monitors a “watch list” of investments with potential downgrading of credit ratings and with unusual characteristics to ensure proper remedial action taken.
- Tracks securities held in safekeeping and accounts for purchases and sales of securities.
- Reconciles records and net-asset-value calculation of securities held as reported by the investment managers and by the global custodian to ensure proper accounting of portfolio inventory.
- Reports any differences found and recommends ways to resolve these differences.
- Assists in the preparation of reports on investment performance, portfolio activities, and changes in asset value.
- Assists in compiling market data required for preparation of reports/analysis of SRP portfolio investments.
- Monitors the various derivatives and their purpose used by the fund managers, ensuring that they are in compliance with the SRP investment policy guidelines.
- Ensures that swaps, financial futures, and currency forwards are within the threshold/limit as indicated in the policy guidelines.
- Maintains records of swap documentations.
- Reports any inconsistencies and violations in the use of derivatives in order for timely remedial course of action to be taken.
Multi-currency Cash and Forex Transaction Monitoring
- Monitors multi-currency cash positions and reconciles the cash positions in each currency with the required cash for settlement on a country-by-country basis.
- Monitors currency spot and forward transactions and checks the currency positions’ compliance with the SRP investment guidelines.
Multi-currency Securities Lending/Repo Transactions
- Monitors securities lending/repo transactions and checks that open positions are followed by corresponding closing positions, on a country-by-country basis.
Counterparty Risk Management
- Monitor swap, forex, and cash deposit counterparty credit ratings against SRP investment guidelines and reports any non-compliance.
Tax Reclaim Management
- Establishes and maintains a systematic approach to monitoring taxes withheld on investment earnings and ensuring the fund to the Plan.
Investment Manager/Global Custodian Oversight
- Assists in managing relationships between investment managers and global custodian for smooth and efficient post trade processing and reporting.
- Monitors and validates fees charged for management of portfolio, custodial services and consulting services against terms of contracts and valid underlying activities.
- Arranges for payment of these fees and maintains a systematic filing system of all fees charged and their corresponding payments for easy retrieval as future reference.
- Plans and develops ways to obtain up-to-date investment data from investment managers and global custodian, preferably electronically, to facilitate monitoring process.
- Establishes an effective record-keeping system for easy retrieval and in compliance with legal retention period required by ADB.
- Assists in research and study undertaken by SRP Investment Unit.
- Keeps current with software technology provided by global custodian, other relevant financial information system providers and ADB.
- Coordinates with software providers and OIST for the installation and maintenance of SRP software applications in users’ workstations.
- Arranges for appropriate training for software users.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned from time to time.
Support to SRP Investment Committee
- Assists in handling ADB formalities when there is a change in SRP Investment Committee membership.
- Assists in organizing Committee meetings. Serves as back-up to the Secretary of the Committee.
- Serves as liaison of SRP Investments Unit with ADB internal parties (e.g. CTL, OAG, and Plan participants), investment managers, and global custodian to assist all parties in clarifying matters of interest to their responsibility areas.
Application of Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Deals with routine queries and correspondence in accordance with procedures
- Proactively seeks relevant development opportunities and submits for approval
- Produces summaries and frameworks by collecting and analyzing diverse information
- Adjusts style and approach to respect and serve different clients
- Conveys messages by asking questions and using different approaches
- Identifies when a client issue requires escalation
- Responds to clients without prompts or reminders from senior colleagues
Achieving Results and Problem Solving
- Proposes solutions to minimize delays and setbacks in completing work
- Reviews all task objectives and achieves core deliverables
- Uses time management and organizational skills to promptly complete work to the required standard
- Delivers beyond the stated task objectives
- Consistently works effectively with individuals of different views, culture, nationality, gender, and age
- Consistently seeks assistance when requirements are unclear
- Provides timely updates on relevant information
- Freely shares and seeks useful knowledge and to complete work
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Uses effective written and oral communication in preparing documents, presentations and interactions
- Asks questions to understand how to follow up on feedback
- Locates relevant information to expedite workflow
Innovation and Change
- Adopts new policies, systems and processes in a timely fashion
- Shares ideas for how work can be completed more effectively
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, accounting, economics, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or other related fields.
- At least 5 years relevant experience preferably in international banking operations, pension fund investment or pension fund administration or accounting.
- Experience in other fields will be considered.
- Proficiency in computer software in common use at ADB and specialized Treasury related software.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; good memo composition, editing skills, and excellent typing skills; good communication, interpersonal, and coordinating skills.
- Good understanding and knowledge of business protocols, ADB’s procedures, formats and standards relevant in the performance of the position’s duties.
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices; ability to work with minimum supervision, exercise good judgment on matters of confidentiality, and maintain composure under pressure.
- Thorough understanding of the role and function of the Unit and a good general understanding of the organization’s purpose.
- Supervisor: Designated International Staff and senior National Staff
We encourage diversity in our workforce and support an inclusive work environment