- Review, draft and negotiate various types of commercial agreements including sales, marketing, digital and print advertising, sponsorship, conference, technology licensing, independent contractor and other agreements.
- Research emerging legal issues; prepare informal memos and summaries.
- Work closely with other members of the Legal Department on various matters, including in connection with intellectual property rights policing (via cease and desists and other measures), drafting termination letters, preparing documents required for special projects, and maintaining contract and trademark databases.
- Advise marketing, sales, and circulation teams from initial stages of product/project development through launch.
- Monitor licensees to insure compliance with agreement terms, company policy and risk tolerance.
- Advise business teams, Human Resources, Finance and other groups on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP and business strategy.
- Liaise with State and Federal governmental bodies (e.g., US Copyright Office) regarding various matters.
- Support the continuous improvement and updating of standard form agreements and legal processes.
- Be a team player that is always ready to jump in and help on almost any issue.
- Approximately 3+ years of experience in the media field, with an emphasis on contract law and familiarity with intellectual property matters.
- In-house experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Extensive background in drafting and negotiating service provider, vendor, independent contractor, advertising and other media-related and general commercial agreements.
- Candidate must be an attorney in good standing licensed to practice in New York or New Jersey.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs