Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives. Regularly interacts with management at various levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers. Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to relationships. J.D. degree required. Incumbents typically have 5-15 years related experience.
Specific Position Details:
The Associate General Counsel position is in the Mortgage Securities group of the Legal Division. The team is seeking a Transactional Securitization lawyer. As member of the team you will be seen as a key advisor and securities expert. Among other things, the successful candidate will:
- Use your experience in the practice of securitizations and securities law to handle sophisticated mortgage-related securities transactions as well as advise business clients on a broad range of business/policy issues in Freddie Mac’s Legal Division.
- The position will involve significant participation in the drafting and negotiation of transaction/disclosure documents in sophisticated mortgage-related securities transactions; the analysis of legal and policy issues affecting the securities and securitization markets; and the creative, collaborative representation of business clients.
- Develop and maintain specific subject expertise and advises businesses management; interact with relevant third parties as the company’s advocate.
- Have regular contact among peers within the firm and externally, including regulators and professional organizations.
- Provide advice to internal clients on the legal implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy.
- Provide legal advice in connection with management’s development, modification and execution of securitization programs and company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- Work on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Regularly interact with management at various levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- Have the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to relationships.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree; membership in good standing in a state Bar; and a minimum of five years of legal experience.
- Experience in securitization transactions with a law firm or corporate law department.
- Must have solid experience in complex securities/financing transactions and a broad knowledge of federal securities laws and securities markets practices.
- Ability to create and maintain strong collaborative relationships with clients.
- Superior oral and written communications skills.