LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its 13,000 employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, and improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road. LyondellBasell sells products into approximately 100 countries and is the world’s largest licensor of polyolefin and polypropylene technologies.
The Associate General Counsel, Finance & Corporate (“AGC”) position reports to the Executive Vice President & Chief Legal Officer and leads a group of three lawyers and two specialists. The Finance & Corporate practice group of the Legal Department supports both the Chief Financial Officer’s organization as well as the Office of the Corporate Secretary.
The AGC and the Finance & Corporate practice group are responsible for all matters of corporate governance and maintenance relating to LyondellBasell Industries N.V. and its subsidiaries as well as the Company’s Supervisory and Management Boards. They are also responsible for compliance with the rules and regulations of the Securities Exchange Commission, the New York Stock Exchange, and other legal and regulatory compliance relating to the Company’s NYSE listing and status as an SEC registrant.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Filings with and disclosures to the SEC, the NYSE, the Authority for Financial Markets, the Dutch Trade Registry and the UK Companies House relating to significant events, insider trading, earnings, and quarterly and annual filings.
- Handle all legal matters relating to the Company’s treasury operations
- Support the Company’s tax department on such matters as intercompany transactions, loan arrangements, dividends, share repurchases, capital contributions, subsidiary restructurings and compliance with respect to hedging and swap activities.
- Responsible for public offerings of LyondellBasell securities, both debt and equity, and legal compliance with respect to all transactions involving the Company’s debt and equity securities.
- Manage a team of 5 direct reports, including performance management, talent acquisition, developing direct reports, and employee relations.
- Law degree (J.D.) required, with admission before a state bar
- A minimum of 10 years’ active practice in the Areas of Responsibility.
- Experience with:
- Preparation of Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K
- NYSE requirements for listed companies
- Section 16 compliance, including forms filings
- Securities offerings, both registered and private placements
- Share repurchases, including knowledge of Rules 10b5-1 and 10b-18 and ASRs
- Equity compensation, including experience with broad based incentive plans and employee stock purchase programs
- Executive compensation, including governance best practices and SEC rules and regulations
- Preparation of proxy statements, e (including CD&A) and planning and running of annual and special shareholders’ meetings
- Investor relations support, including knowledge of Regulations FD and G
- Credit and treasury matters, including revolving credit facilities, commercial paper programs, intercompany loans, guarantees and derivatives (including interest rate and currency swaps)
- Subsidiary maintenance, including knowledge of the Delaware General Corporation Law
- Corporate secretarial duties, including roles and responsibilities of directors, SEC and NYSE requirements for boards, committees and directors, governance best practices, managing the transfer agent relationship, preparation of board materials and drafting of minutes for meetings
- Practice at both a law firm and in-house are preferred.
- Experience with multi-national companies and knowledge of international governance practices a plus.
The successful candidate will have the following competencies:
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Courage: Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Values Differences: Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Drives Vision and Purpose: Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.