- The position is located at Fort Worth, TX, and provides legal support to numerous Lockheed Martin Aeronautics (“LM Aero”) programs and activities at various domestic and international locations.
- The major responsibilities are to advise LM Aero leadership, business development and business ventures/contracts personnel, program managers, global sustainment, and other personnel on international transactions, including offset/industrial cooperation matters, direct commercial sales to foreign governments, joint ventures, teaming agreements and alliances.
- Activities include supporting international sales and potential financing of new aircraft, modifications and upgrades, and services offerings of Aero, as well as industrial cooperation and co-production activities.
- This position requires a person with proven business-oriented outlook and superior analytical, verbal and written skills and a strong background in international transactions and corporate governance (formation of joint ventures, subsidiaries, branches and program offices), contracts, and U.S. and international regulatory & legal regimes (including anti-corruption and export control laws).
- This individual will have responsibility for negotiation, drafting, and hands-on development of traditional and innovative venture and contractual arrangements.
- S/he will work closely with corporate and local management as well as with functional areas with LM Aero and other attorneys within LM to develop the appropriate agreements, documentation, transaction structure and strategy to ensure program success.
- This position will have supervisory responsibility for outside counsel (domestic and international) and will coordinate activities with the LM legal team, corporate headquarters and other locations/business areas.
- This attorney must demonstrate superior judgment, superb interpersonal skills and unrelenting attention to detail for matters of significant complexity.
- This position will require occasional international travel. Candidate should have the ability to acquire a security clearance.
- MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN or legally authorized to work in U.S. as a permanent resident – This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- JD degree from an accredited college with 8 years or more of professional legal experience.
- Admitted to practice law in the U.S.
- Experience with international transactions.
- Experience with government and commercial contracts, joint ventures, teaming agreements, international offset, financing, export control, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and aerospace or defense industry is highly desired.
- This attorney must be a self-starter and able to work effectively semi-autonomously as well in a team setting.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills are essential.
- As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs