The AES Corporation operates electricity generation and distribution businesses in 19 countries across 5 continents and has an expanding alternative energy portfolio in the areas of wind, biofuels, climate change and carbon emissions reductions. The position will provide legal support for AES’ worldwide construction related activities as well as assistance for a variety of project finance development and general corporate issues. Responsibilities will also include managing local and international outside counsel. This role requires an energetic self-starting team member with a strong legal background in engineering, procurement and construction of energy related projects to perform legal analysis and manage outside counsel.
- All aspects of legal support for engineering, construction and procurement of energy related projects including permitting support, site layout, design, survey coordination and civil construction inspection.
- All aspects of legal support for structural design including substation design, foundation design and structural analysis.
- Provide legal support for the development of civil construction specifications, cost estimates engineering proposals and project schedules.
- Provide legal support of power plant physical design consisting of layout, conduit and grounding.
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- Law degree from an accredited law school.
- 8+ years legal experience, with experience in a law firm required.
- Transactional experience with a focus on construction/EPC contracts and project finance. International transaction experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly team-oriented.
- Excellent business judgment and the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required to work effectively with internal team members and external client personnel.
- Occasional travel will be required.