- Supports the Heads of Regulatory Compliance and provides Regulatory Compliance advice, guidance and support to the management teams, via Regional Regulatory Compliance Heads.
- The role will assist the Regulatory Compliance Heads in the development, deployment and continued oversight of globally consistent Regulatory Compliance policy for the business units and ensure that all entities develop and maintain the highest Financial Crime Compliance standards by following both the letter and the spirit of the relevant regulatory requirements, Group Standards
- Manual, Fiduciary and Legal and the Compliance Functional Instructional Manuals
- Work directly with the team to make sure that as a business any new products or services are aligned to the HSBC Global Standards framework and meet all the necessary Regulatory Compliance and Financial Crime Compliance requirements.
- The Business or Product Manager will be accountable for building robust compliance coverage for Regulatory Compliance and Financial Crime Compliance for all Business or Product
- Setting policies and standards to cover compliance issues
- Advising line management of the impact on their businesses and functions of applicable external or internal regulations
- Supporting line management in discharging their responsibilities to comply with applicable regulations, for instance by reviewing new products or activities for compliance implications, identifying potential rule breaches, enforcing changes to relevant manuals to reflect regulatory requirements, monitoring the businesses for adherence to the regulations and providing input to audit and training programmes.
- Assisting line management in the conduct of crisis management
- Providing an independent reporting mechanism for all executives
- Fostering good relations with the regulators
- Experience in Compliance or other control or risk functions of an international bank or financial institution
- Good understanding of Banking and the nature of cross border transactions in the Asia Pacific region
- Prior experience in Compliance Projects would be an advantage
- Good analytical, inter personal and communication skills.
- Highly motivated, with ability to work proactively and collaboratively within a large organization and to deliver high quality work on time
- Demonstrates good judgment and able to support decisions with sound reasoning and deal with business in a professional manner
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs