The NBA Legal Department provides advice and counsel with respect to all of the company’s activities and businesses on a global basis. As an Associate Counsel, you will provide legal support to an Assistant General Counsel and the Legal Department generally on all labor and employment matters throughout the NBA’s business globally.
- Counsel HR on wide range of employee relations, compensation, and talent acquisition matters.
- Assist in collective bargaining with NBA, WNBA, and G-League players and referees.
- Draft and negotiate employment-related and commercial contracts.
- Work jointly with HR on drafting policies reflective of NBA’s workplace culture.
- Lead or assist with HR-related investigations.
- Advise NBA offices outside of the U.S. on employment law requirements.
- Monitor labor and employment law developments and best practices and collaborate with HR to ensure company-wide compliance.
Required Experience & Knowledge:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience at a top law firm or similar in-house experience.
- Experience in labor and employment law.
- Experience in litigation and employee benefits a plus, but not required.
- First-rate writing and oral presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and in a dynamic, growth oriented environment.
Educational Background Required:
- J.D. from a top tier law school.
- Member of New York bar.