The Healthcare Group is seeking to complement its Chicago-based team of investment banking professionals with an experienced, motivated Associate who will be immediately additive. Associates in the Healthcare Group play an integral role on deal teams, providing execution support for all M&A transactions. Associates are primarily responsible for the creation and oversight of financial models, marketing materials, and client presentations, in addition to performing research and various analyses in support of new business generation. Generally, Associates are members of four-person deal teams, comprising a Managing Director, Vice President, Associate, and Financial Analyst. As an Associate, you will be expected to:
- Prepare, analyze, and explain historical and projected financial information;
- Prepare confidential information memoranda, management presentations, marketing pitches, and other presentations;
- Coordinate and perform business due diligence and execute M&A transactions;
- Perform valuation and ad hoc analyses;
- Assist in the marketing and execution of existing engagements;
- Build relationships and maintain direct contact with clients, prospective clients, and professional advisors; and
- Supervise and mentor junior staff members.
- The environment at Houlihan Lokey is both collegial and entrepreneurial. Teamwork is essential to the firm’s success. At the same time, creativity and new ideas are encouraged. Associates are given substantial responsibility and are encouraged to help us grow our business. The ideal candidate should be motivated, creative, outgoing, and possess strong financial analysis skills. Candidates must have a strong knowledge of accounting and applied financial theory, keen analytical capabilities, and exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous investment banking or directly related experience as a Financial Analyst or Associate is required. Recent business school graduates will be considered provided they have two to three years of investment banking experience as a Financial Analyst or Associate prior to their MBA program.