Colony NorthStar, Inc. (“CLNS”), is seeking an Associate-level candidate to join a team that oversees all aspects of CLNS’s alternative investment product development, initiatives and operations. The group works closely with CLNS’s captive broker-dealer and oversees the CLNS’s managed non-traded retail products, including business development, marketing and operations as well as legal and regulatory aspects of the business.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual interested in a career in Product Operations and Development as well as Real Estate Finance.
- Implement day-to-day operating activities for series of publicly registered investment vehicles, including non-traded REITs, 1940 Act regulated companies and other future offerings
- Work closely with legal and accounting functions to coordinate and prepare periodic and event-driven public company filings and other regulatory materials
- Assist with the planning and execution for high-level corporate initiatives, including fund valuations, mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions
- Draft corporate governance materials, board presentations and other internal and external communications on behalf of marketing and executive management teams
- Support Managing Director and executive management in the formation and marketing of new investment vehicles and business development initiatives
- Conduct market research and develop strategies for product positioning and new product development
- Three to six years of fund administration/formation, investment management and/or compliance experience with an emphasis on public or private investment vehicles
- Strong command of complex corporate structures and U.S. securities and broker-dealer regulatory regimes, preferably with direct experience with real estate investment trusts, registered investment vehicles or private funds
- BA or BS degree with strong academic record; J.D. preferred but not required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet stringent deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Deadline and detail orientation
- Strong computer and organizational skills
- Ability to work both individually and within a team