This position provides AML/CFT support to Agency, Bancassurance, Partnership Distribution, New Business and Operations, with a particular focus on processes and BAU related to customer due diligence (CDD), enhanced due diligence (EDD) and high-net worth (HNW) products and clients.
Key duties include:
- Working with other internal stakeholders to designing, implement and maintain appropriate compliance-related financial underwriting requirements, processes and controls for high, medium and lower risk products and customers;
- Providing support to internal partners with respect to complex cases or situations, including with respect to determining ultimate beneficial ownership, mandatory review of higher risk clients, and requests for exceptions from established policies and processes in accordance with documented procedures;
- Providing training, advice and oversight to other business lines, particularly New Business and Operations, in their execution of AML/CFT processes and controls; and
- Acting as the primary contact point for AML/CFT issues escalated by the bancassurance or FA channels.
- At least 6 years’ experience in AML/CFT roles, preferably in the life insurance industry
- Familiarity with higher AML/CFT risk products (e.g., Universal Life products with high first year cash value) would be a significant asset
- Diploma / Degree
- Certified-Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or Certified Financial Crimes Specialist (CFCS) preferred – candidates without one of these designations would be expected to obtain one of them within their first year
- M5, M9, M8 preferred
- ICA Diploma in Compliance / AML would be an asset