- The lawyer’s primary role will be to advise AIG Investments Europe, a large institutional asset management firm authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, with respect to real estate finance transactions, including the amendment or maintenance of existing portfolio loans, secondary trades and originations.
- Participating actively in the formulation and negotiation of new real estate transactions and the amendment, termination, novation or other maintenance of existing transactions.
- Reviewing documents and instruments governing the rights and remedies with respect to real estate lending transactions of AIG Investments’ clients.
- Advising AIG Investments in its capacity as an investment advisor for affiliates that are parties to, or investors in, real estate lending.
- Ensuring that executed transactions are correctly represented in the booking system and all necessary internal record-keeping is complete.
- Reviewing proposed vendor and other third-party contracts, inter-company agreements and other documents as required by business needs.
- Ensuring AIG Investments’ compliance with all internal policies and relevant contractual and fiduciary responsibilities, including to clients, counterparties and other stakeholders.
- Managing all aspects of relationships with external counsel, financial advisors and other professionals representing AIG Investments and its clients.
- Working closely and cooperatively with all AIG Investments’ business teams and other AIG lawyers in order to promote effective and efficient processes and successful results.
- Reporting to AIG Investments’ European General Counsel and the broader AIG Investments’ legal department on a regular basis.
- Contributing to the AIG Global Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Department’s broader goals and projects, and developing expertise in other legal matters as required by business needs.
- The candidate must be a qualified solicitor or barrister in the U.K. and have 2+ years (PQE) of major law firm or relevant in-house experience, with demonstrated expertise in real estate financing (including, preferably, development financing).
- Candidates with experience in work-outs or restructurings in one or more E.U. jurisdictions outside the U.K. (notably Luxembourg, Ireland, Germany or Spain) would be preferred, and experience with derivatives documentation is also helpful.
- AIG Investments is interested in candidates who have a keen understanding of, and appreciation for, finance and credit markets, demonstrated business acumen and a strong corporate legal background.
- Top academic credentials, excellent oral and written communication skills, organisational skills, the ability to balance a varied workload of shifting priorities, maturity, judgment and poise are requirements for this position.
- AIG Investments prides itself on fostering and maintaining a collegial, professional, friendly, creative, entrepreneurial and supportive work environment.
- This is a client-facing role that is fully integrated with the business.
- Accordingly, through her or his example, the successful candidate will be expected to take ownership of, and help to promote, AIG’s positive business culture.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs