The successful candidate must demonstrate a solid background in general corporate and commercial matters and excellent business sense and judgment, well developed analytical problem-solving abilities, superb contract drafting skills, and exceptional interpersonal and relationship skills. Assistant GC will be expected to work on complex issues requiring in-depth evaluation of legal and business issues, and must be willing and able to manage and execute on a variety of projects simultaneously and meet demanding deadlines. This position reports to the General Counsel of Intelligrated.
• Review, draft, negotiate and administer a variety and high volume of ordinary course and complex business transactions and contracts clients, vendors and other business partners.
• Strong contract negotiation and drafting skills with substantive expertise with key provisions of most contracts.
• Communicate and negotiate with customers to resolve discrepancies and disagreements effectively. Interaction with the Sales, Delivery and Finance teams to understand and ensure consistency with the business and financial requirements and objectives in all contracts
• Drive to conclusion commercial and other business needs directly and through effective communication within company departments, executive management and with customer or company partners, vendors or suppliers.
• Participate in creating processes and systems to increase the efficiency of the contracting process.
• JD and admission to state bar required.
• Minimum 7 years of experience at a law firm or in-house.
• Minimum 4 years of experience with commercial contracts
• This is a business support role requiring strong legal and operations focus.
• Demonstrated transaction experience with preference given to individuals with transactional background in engineering, architecture and construction transactions.
• Experience with software licensing, SaaS and software development would also be beneficial.
• Experience managing a paralegal, contract manager, or secretary a plus.
Click http://careersathoneywell.com to learn more about Honeywell.
- Job ID: 00356470
- Category: Legal
- Location: Mason, OH USA