Lenovo is the fastest growing technology company on the planet, with growth outpacing our competition quarter after quarter and we’re growing! Lenovo’s fundamental belief is that life rewards those who Never Stand Still. Every day, every employee at Lenovo is focused on moving forward, rejecting traditional limits, and always seeking a better way. We are looking for the person who challenges the ordinary and seeks to innovate in learning, while also balancing execution.
We are seeking an experienced US-based lawyer to join our global legal team to serve in a dual role, supporting the North America Sales organization, as well as supporting the Corporate Legal team handling M&A and special projects.
• Supports North America Sales organization in drafting, reviewing and negotiating sales and services contracts and other commercial agreements.
• Conducts and promotes best practices, and provides strategic and legal advice to senior Sales, Corporate and Legal Department management, including the identification and evaluation of risk and strategic mitigation opportunities.
• Supports the Corporate Legal team, with involvement in global strategic investment projects, including acquisitions, joint ventures and equity investments; and ongoing “legal maintenance” work including corporate governance; working alone or as part of a team.
• Advises on and handles certain internal corporate structuring and governance issues, particularly on North America corporate matters, in collaboration with the company’s global Corporate Secretarial office in Hong Kong.
• Manages outside counsel as necessary, identifying value-add work; effectively expresses “company issues” to outside counsel, and communicates “legal issues” and results to business clients.
• Supports special projects as needed, which may include supply chain/procurement, regulatory compliance, corporate real estate and other matters.
Lenovo is a $45 billion global Fortune 500 company and a leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs (including the legendary Think and multimode YOGA brands), workstations, servers, storage, smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones (including Motorola), tablets and apps. We have more than 55,000 employees worldwide, and serve customers in over 160 countries, with headquarters in Beijing, China and Morrisville, North Carolina, U.S.; major research centers in Yokohama, Japan; Beijing, Shanghai, Wuhan and Shenzhen, China; and Morrisville; and we have manufacturing around the world from Greensboro, North Carolina and Monterrey, Mexico to India, China and Brazil.
• JD with 5-7 years experience either in-house or for a law firm handling commercial and transactional matters.
• Admitted to practice in at least one state
• Client/customer focused outlook with demonstrated ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams
• Experience in negotiating a range of sales, commercial, and corporate agreements
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a demanding workload involving multiple tasks, responsibilities and deadlines with minimal supervision
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (including legal drafting)
• Able to present innovative, original solutions
• Strong knowledge of public sector procurement/FAR and general business law &corporate governance
• Some international experience or work on global teams
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.