We have an exciting new Compliance role within the asset management division of a large financial services firm.
The investment management division allocates significant portions of their money to outside third party money managers. The subadvisors are all well known successful portfolio managers including mutual fund, alternative investment, hedge funds private equity, and other types of managers.
The Compliance associate will be responsible for conducting due diligence reviews of existing and new outside money managers to ensure that they adhere to all industry rules and regulations.
You will participate in the day-to-day administration of the Investment Adviser compliance programs through the maintenance of an inventory of regulations, the oversight of compliance controls, and performance of ongoing monitoring and testing of controls designed to ensure compliance with the relevant regulations. In addition, the associate will be responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures covering a variety of compliance issues for areas of business applicability.
- Prepare for, participate in, analyze, and document subadviser and service provider onsite due diligence meetings.
- Participate in construction of required periodic Board reports, including quarterly and annual compliance reports and the Section 15(c) annual subadviser contract renewal analysis.
- Perform trend analysis on Funds subadvisory compliance reporting.
- Consult with senior management to define policy or establish compliance standards and best practices for the lines of business; building critical relationships with internal clients, and documenting policies and procedures for implementation by the business.
- Communicate compliance initiatives, issues, and objectives, and ensure that Compliance works to simplify requirements, where possible.
Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5+ years of experience in investment advisory or investment management compliance with hands-on experience with drafting/monitoring/and testing compliance policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Investment Company Act of 1940 and/or Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
- Experience evaluating third-party money managers and/or service providers.
- Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written, oral, organizational, analytical, and presentation skills.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively.
Several days per month
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com