Credit Suisse has a U.S. Legal & Compliance program which seeks to build and maintain global compliance standards with respect to U.S. persons and U.S. cross-border issues within its private banking (PB) business. You the PB APAC US Compliance Officer are expected to work collaboratively with the APAC US Legal to support all USSP related initiatives from a compliance perspective. In particular:
- You provide compliance advice and support to the PB business of Credit Suisse’s APAC division (including divisional compliance officers supporting the business) on matters relating to or arising from the U.S. Legal & Compliance Program. This will include providing required support to APAC US Legal on training initiatives.
- You support the design, implementation and maintenance of the governance and controls framework established under the U.S. Legal & Compliance program in APAC.
- You implement and maintain the US Cross Border (CB) Policy incident management framework. You will be a Point of Contact for all US person and related CB Policy issues and will ensure appropriate handling and read-across.
- You compile related metrics and coordinate related reports.
- You work closely with the APAC US Legal to drive, support and coordinate new compliance initiatives under or relevant to the U.S. Legal & Compliance program, including monitoring and reporting local regulatory deviations.
- 6 – 9 years working experience in audit, compliance or legal, with exposure to financial services/ PB business and/or U.S. laws (U.S. securities laws, banking laws, OTC derivatives legislations etc.), FATCA or other tax laws is a bonus. Deep understanding of front to back client onboarding and KYC processes is also an advantage.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and eager to learn.
- Collaborative and a good team-player, yet be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Strong communications skills in both written and oral. Problem solver with strong analytical skills. Dedication to the principles of diversity and inclusion.
- Strong project management skills, with ability to build positive relationship and handle different stakeholders across multiple jurisdictions.
- Positive, organized and possess the initiative to drive projects and matters to resolution.