Global fintech utility seeks an Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions Compliance professional.
The ideal candidate will support the Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions Compliance function by assisting in the development, implementation and monitoring of compliance technology tools associated with existing and planned FX products and automating department workflow and upgrading technology systems. Provide data analytics and data mining solutions, MIS/reporting solutions and IT support for compliance system implementation.
Major duties and responsibilities of the job
- Serve as Compliance technology lead for new sanctions screening, KYC, and transaction monitoring systems implementation. Perform UAT and serve as implementation support.
- Support the enhancement of the AML and OFAC Sanctions frameworks in the AML / Sanctions
Compliance area with heavy focus on data analytics, data mining and IT support (Excel, Microstrategy, IT projects).
- Reorganize Compliance SharePoint site; build controls framework for tracking tasks.
- Perform and assist with KYC/On-boarding and AML & sanctions related investigations and monitoring.
- Work with the AML and Sanctions Group Head and the wider Compliance team to foster a culture of compliance and appropriate conduct.
- Know Your Customer for fund and other third party customers to the firm: sight check names and addresses, perform Sanctions screening and data entry related to approval of the parties.
- Actively support the creation and implementation of RegTech and technology solutions for new company products and initiatives.
- Ensure Compliance’s requirements are met with respect to the firms new products, strategic initiatives, and technology upgrades.
- Support Internal Audit reviews aimed at testing adequacy of key AML and OFAC Sanctions policies and procedures.
- Support the day to day execution of an AML / Sanctions compliance program by managing and conducting a selection of Compliance tasks including:
o AML Investigations and disposition of sanctions hits
o Conduct KYC due diligence, enhanced due diligence, data mining and research as directed by more senior members of the Compliance team as appropriate
o Complete the accompanying administration associated with due diligence, such as drafting reports and accompanying notes
o Support special projects associated with AML & sanctions, including developing and refining data analytics
- Analyze AML/Sanctions related data (data mining) and Reporting § Run data and spreadsheet reports as requested based on specific criteria. You will be expected to create increasingly complex reports over time (e.g. individual customer profile, Year-on-Year growth of customers by region, for each currency, and grouped by counterparty type, etc.).
- Provide technology subject matter expertise
- Proactively develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
Essential / Desired Qualifications
Experience, education and any certifications as necessary for successful job performance
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent
- Minimum of three years or more work experience in Banking and/or Financial Services / technology consultancy firms
- Demonstrable IT data architecture, programming and data analytics subject matter expertise required
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, or willing to pass the exam within six months of hire
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Experience and competencies required for successful job performance
- Advanced experience with Excel and VBA required; knowledge of blockchain is helpful
- Exposure to SWIFT payments, correspondent banking, FX, equity or derivatives business is helpful
- Exposure to implementation of AML and/or Sanctions screening software
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Expert and basic statistical concepts, specifically: data mining, data import/export, working with delimited files, models and writing macros
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence/Data Analytics Software (e.g. Microstrategy)
- Ability to provide flexible support during key times of the year
- Ability to drive a project and identify area for improvement
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Can evidence strong planning, organization and time management skills with the ability to effectively deal with multiple work strands simultaneously
- High level of attention to detail
- The ability to interact comfortably with, and manage relationships with senior stakeholders
Success Factors / ‘How’
Personal characteristics contributing to an individual’s ability to excel in the position
- Focused on leading the AML and Sanctions Compliance Technology strategy
- Enthusiastic and passionate about RegTech innovation
- Approachable with a collaborative style
- Ability to translate technical requirements into layperson language
- Appreciates, delivers and encourages timely execution of controls
- Trusted to maintain strictest confidentiality
- Self-starter who can work autonomously as well as within a team environment
- Consistently performs to the highest standards
- Can interact comfortably at all levels adapting to different audiences as necessary and not afraid to ask questions
- Effective under pressure and can foresee and proactively deal with challenges
- Comfortable to work and interact with a US and UK based team
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com